Anti-wrinkle cream: at what age do I start to use it?
Hi friends! Today it's time to talk about facial care, specifically about anti-wrinkle cream . What type of creams should we use according to our age? There are many types of moisturizing creams , but each one is designed for a specific care and a specific age.
If you are in the 'limbo' of creams, in this post you will find yours:
- The passage of time on our skin: signs of aging
- Anti-wrinkle cream: at what age do I start to use it?
The passage of time on our skin: signs of aging
We find skin problems from a very early age, that is why skin care has become one of the main concerns today. The wrinkle cream has had
From puberty, skin problems such as oily skin, open pores, pimples or eczema begin to appear , and when dealing with hormonal problems, they are usually difficult to combat.
This changes when the skin begins to lose its qualities. What are the first signs of aging?
In young skin, there are many fibers of collagen and hyaluronic acid, and healthy fibroblasts. However, as the skin begins to age, collagen and hyaluronic acid fibers are lost, disorganized, and fibroblasts are damaged, with a smoother dermo-epidemic junction.
What does this translate to? The skin loses elasticity and firmness , spots appear, the luminosity is turned off, the level of hydration is reduced and expression lines appear.
Over time, the skin's capacity for self-regeneration decreases , which is why many qualities of the skin diminish:
- The skin takes longer to renew itself due to cellular activity, reducing the thickness of the stratum corneum and its main protection against external agents.
- More dehydration, leading to spots and pigmentation changes.
- Drier skin, due to the reduction of moisturizing agents, such as amino acids and proteins.
- We lose elasticity and firmness, because the cell wall weakens, increasing expression lines and wrinkles.
Undoubtedly, the passage of time takes a toll on our skin, so we must know how to take good care of it at every age.
Anti-wrinkle cream: at what age do I start to use it?
Age is unforgiving, and the skin knows it well. When we are turning years the skin needs other types of nutrients, and for this reason we find specific creams for each age .
On many occasions we do not give our skin what it needs: using the same cream as your older sister, serums without Vitamin C, dehydrated skin, or not changing the cream from the age of 20 are some of the most common examples.
In this section we are going to differentiate what the skin needs by age, the ingredients and nutrients that will help combat the most general problems . These are the cosmetics that you should use according to your age:
At age 20: hydration and water-based products
All dermatologists agree: at this age the most important thing is the hydration of the skin, to achieve a healthy and luminous appearance . The more hydrated the skin is, the longer it takes for wrinkles to appear.
Young skins need water , and therefore very rich textures can seem a bit heavy at this age. It is good to choose a water-based cream, especially if you have oily skin or blemishes caused by hormonal changes.
What must be taken into account at this age? Start the habit of a good daily facial cleansing . Never go to bed with your makeup on! This will give you healthy-looking skin, and will also delay the signs of aging.
In your daily facial routine you cannot miss a cleansing foam, acne treatment (if any), serum with antioxidants, day and night moisturizer.
In addition, from the age of 25, you can start using eye contour cream , since it is the finest and most delicate area of the face. If you want to know more about the eye contour, in this post you will find everything you need to know.
Sun protection must also be taken into account in this age group, since if we do not use it, our skin can cause problems such as discoloration or hyperpigmentation .
These are some of the creams recommended for 20 to 30 year old skin:
- Bio 10 Anti-Stain Combination-Oily Skin, by Bella Aurora . One of the most valued creams, since its effectiveness is proven. Eliminates blemishes from the face and prevents the signs of aging.
- Ziaja Cucumber and Mint moisturizing facial cream . It has an ultra-light texture and contains lactobionic acid. Thanks to this component you can feel your skin hydrated, protected and calm.
- Pure Active Sensitive treatment, by Garnier . You will love to see how pimples and blemishes are reduced, as it is enriched with salicylic acid. In addition, it intensely nourishes with the help of glycerin.
- Hydra Genius Aloe Water, from L'oreal Paris . This ultra-concentrated liquid care in water is highly hydrating. Its texture transforms into water at the moment of application, merging with the skin to release the active ingredients in the heart of the epidermis. Its formula is enriched with aloe vera extract and hyaluronic acid.
From 30 to 50 years: anti-aging creams with repairing ingredients
At this age is when the first signs of expression begin to be seen. The lack of luminosity, lines in the eyes and signs of fatigue and tiredness make their appearance on our face.
For this reason, it is important to nourish the skin intensely, even more in the 40s, since the problems are more emphasized at this age.
And of course, you have to maintain a daily cleaning routine, in which it is appropriate to introduce a serum , if possible antioxidant, to prevent premature aging.
The skin no longer regenerates so quickly, so we need to help it with peels .
The creams we use should be more nutritious, with vitamins and hyaluronic acid . They also usually contain collagen, to counteract the elasticity that the skin loses at this age.
If you are between 30 and 50 years old, take a look at these creams.
- Revitalift Laser x3 SPF20, from L'oreal Paris . This anti-wrinkle cream corrects, redensifies the skin and helps prevent and correct spots and aging caused by UV rays.
- Anti-Aging and Anti-Stain Day Treatment SPF20, by Bella Aurora . Eliminates spots and imperfections, evens out the tone, brings luminosity, revitalizes the skin, reduces wrinkles and fine lines, hydrates, tones and protects from pollution and sun exposure.
- Advanced Night Repair by Estée Lauder . It is a serum that fights the main signs of aging. Its exclusive and innovative formula make this serum a unique product that manages to strengthen, restore and protect the skin.
- Olay Regenerist, by Olay . It is specifically designed to provide younger-looking skin to those areas most prone to aging: eye contour, facial oval and neck, thanks to its formula rich in aminopeptide complex.
From 50 years: intense nutrition
At this age, menopause takes its toll on our bodies. There is a thinning of the skin, so it sags and we lose the definition of the facial oval .
In addition, our skin dries up. Therefore, the most important thing at this age is to use anti-wrinkle cream with very nutritious ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, fatty acids in vegetable oils or pro-xylane.
Textures rich in lipids are highly recommended, since with them we will achieve a feeling of comfort and they will adapt very well to the skin.
In the facial routine, it will not be necessary to use products such as scrubs or cleansers, since the skin can be damaged excessively. With water it will be enough to rinse the face.
The serum and the eye contour will also continue to be great allies at this age. They must be rich in antioxidants and vitamins C and E.
These moisturizers will enchant you:
- Jasmine Night Cream, by Ziaja . An anti-wrinkle night cream with microcollagen, genistein and hydroxypoline, components that will redensify your skin, favoring the natural production of collagen and elastin.
- Age Perfect Intense Nutrition, from L'oreal Paris . Enriched with Royal Jelly, it provides a maximum sensation of comfort to the driest and most malnourished skins. Repairs and nourishes.
- Splendor 10 anti-aging night cream, by Bella Aurora . Thanks to its innovative formula by Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid and other active principles, this compound manages to hydrate and delay the visible signs of aging.
- Neovadiol, from Vichy . It contains pro-xylane, which acts on problem areas to reduce wrinkles and regenerate the layers of the skin.
Regardless of age, we must take care of the skin every day with our usual routine , to prevent and eliminate any impurities on the face.
And so far my post today. I hope you liked it! You can share it with your friends on any social network.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or write to us 😀
See you soon!