Argan oil: all its properties and uses
Hello friends! How are you? I'll be back for another week with a new post for you. Today we will talk about argan oil , which has undoubtedly become a very popular ingredient in cosmetics. Its nourishing properties have led it to be present in products for hair, body and even makeup .
If you want to know everything about this natural ingredient, you cannot miss this post:
- Argan oil: properties and uses
- Argan oil in cosmetics
- Argan oil makeup
Argan oil: properties and uses
A few years ago, argan oil came into our lives to stay. Many current cosmetic products include it in their formulation as it has numerous properties . Where does argan oil come from?
This natural product is obtained after a drying process (in the sun) of the fruits of the argania spinosa (argan tree), native to Morocco. After drying, the seed is removed from the fruit and cold pressed. This makes it a chemical-free process.
The result is an oil with a barely perceptible odor and a light golden color , preserving all its active principles. In addition, argan oil is also edible, although it is extracted from roasted argan almonds.
And what are the properties of the so-called ' Liquid Gold of Morocco '? Many. It is composed of essential fatty acids and vitamin E, and trace elements such as iron and omega.
It is known for its moisturizing, regenerating and anti-inflammatory properties , and has numerous benefits for the hair, nails, body and face, which we will detail below. But how do we identify pure argan oil?
Being a handmade product, we can find imitations. If we talk about cosmetics, argan oil must be translucent golden in color, similar to other vegetable oils, and its smell must be very mild, similar to sesame or sesame (it disappears quickly when rubbed). As for the texture, it should be smooth and not sticky , without causing discomfort to the skin.
Like any product, some aspects must be taken into account for its conservation:
- Avoid applying it directly to open wounds, and it should not come into contact with the eyes.
- It usually has a shelf life of 8 months, so if you notice changes in its color you should throw it away.
- It is advisable to store it in opaque glass containers to protect it from the sun's rays.
Now that you know a little more about argan oil, it is time to delve into its benefits in cosmetics.
Argan oil in cosmetics
Besides being an edible product, argan oil also has its cosmetic uses. Its numerous properties have made it a very popular ingredient among cosmetic and makeup brands.
It is healing, so it can be used on stretch marks and burns. In addition, it does not generate comedones and easily penetrates the skin without greasing it, making it suitable for oily acne-prone skin, and it is widely used as an ingredient in the formula of creams, serums, bath gels, shampoos or scrubs.
These are the best known uses:
Cabello . Argan oil is a great moisturizer for the hair, and with it effects are achieved almost from the first day. It is highly recommended for people with dry, curly, colored or damaged hair by the dryer and the iron. Get the mane to have a silky and shiny appearance, renewing the hair completely:
- Decreases the fall, also promoting growth.
- It is capable of prolonging the life and intensity of color in dyed hair.
- Prevents dandruff.
- Repairs split ends and prevents them from drying out, providing hair with much more strength and vitality.
- Eliminate frizz, so you can forget about those annoying raised hair.
Body . It is the basis of the uses of argan oil. Its properties made it a great home remedy for problems such as irritations and wounds . Its benefits have been known since ancient times in Morocco:
- Relieves dermatitis and eczema, reducing irritation and itching, also improving rosacea on the cheeks.
- Reduces stretch marks. It helps to regenerate the tissue, and it is also an ally to prevent them.
- Relieves psoriasis.
- Repairs and softens the skin on the elbows and heels, eliminating the annoying roughness caused by dehydration in this delicate area.
- Babies. It can be a great ally for the skin of the little ones, since its natural origin means that there is no risk of allergies.
Nails . You can add argan oil to your nail care, as it is ideal to prevent them from becoming brittle . You can also use it on your toenails and heels to hydrate them.
As you can see, there are endless benefits if you use argan oil. As it has become so popular in recent years, it has been incorporated as an ingredient in many cosmetic products. Here are some of them:
- Protective hand cream, by Ziaja . This cream increases the level of hydration of the skin by 39% thanks to its composition with argan oil. Ideal for sensitive skin!
- Wonderful Original Remedies oil, from Garnier. Combine argan and camellia oil to revitalize dry, dull hair.
- Nail repair oil, by Essence. Enriched with almond and argan oils, it is designed to enrich the cuticle and accelerate nail growth.
- Intensive repairing treatment with argan oil, from Kativa. Its elaboration based on Moroccan gold and four natural active ingredients, ensure protection, hydration, flexibility, strength, resistance and an increase in natural shine.
- Argan Elixir body oil, from Natural Honey. With this nourishing lotion you will get a cared, smooth and luminous skin. In addition, its aroma is very enveloping and does not have a sticky sensation. It is advisable to apply it after bathing, with the skin still damp.
- Argan micellar water, by Paese . Its formula provides a moisturizing and smoothing effect to the skin, without parabems, perfume or allergens. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Obelpikha shampoo for weak or damaged hair, from Natura Siberica . Although its main component is oblepikha oil, it also contains argan oil, which softens and deeply repairs the hair.
- Make HD silk argan oil, by Tonymoly. This product is ideal for recovering the shine and softness of your hair, gaining elasticity. It is applied on damp hair, and a few drops of product distributed from medium to ends are enough. You can either let it dry or apply minimal heat with the blow dryer.
- Body Milk 6 prodigious oils, from Babaria . This moisturizing cream is suitable for all skin types and also contains the benefits of 6 different oils: argan, almond, rosehip, olive, shea and coconut.
After knowing the products with argan oil for hair and body, it is time to delve into makeup, where it has also managed to find a place.
Argan oil makeup
As in the other parts of the face, argan oil has become a widely used ingredient in makeup product formulations, as it has many benefits:
- Creates a light base to prepare the skin before makeup, also isolating it from environmental impurities.
- Softens and protects the skin, favoring the restoration of the hydrolipic mantle.
- Fight wrinkles. Its restorative properties and its antioxidant content make it ideal for these types of signs.
- It prevents acne, as it reduces the appearance of comedones and helps the pimples to be eliminated earlier without staining.
You can't miss out on trying some of these argan oil makeup products:
- Foundation Drops by Gosh. It is a makeup base with an ultra light texture, formulated without water. Argan oil provides an extra dose of vitamin E to the skin. Modular medium coverage with just a few drops.
- Argan Oil Blush, from Physicians Formula. Thanks to its formula based on argan oil, you will achieve a fantastic conditioning and shine with a youthful and radiant finish.
- Argán Eyes Mascara, by W7 . Its exclusive formula with argan oil provides softness and hydration to the eyelashes so that they look ideal.
- Immortal Kajal Black, by Palladio. This cream eyeliner has a plus: extra softness thanks to argan oil.
- Argan Wear 2 in 1 Primer, by Physicians Formula . Thanks to argan oil and coconut water, this product becomes a powerful moisturizer, ideal for caring for the face.
- Lipify Stylo lipstick by LA Girl. It hydrates the lips with a juicy and shiny finish, and it is also available in a wide range of shades.
- Lip balm, from W7. For double hydration thanks to its formula with argan oil and vitamin E.
As you can see, argan oil is very present in the world of cosmetics, since its properties are unique 😉
And with this I say goodbye for today. I hope you liked this post! If so, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks 🙂
I'll be back next week with more cool beauty topics. Goodbye!