Eye correctors: everything you need to know
Hello friends of! How are you? I'll be back for another week, this time with another topic related to makeup: eye correctors.
If you are one of those people who spends life in panda bear mode, without a doubt the concealer of dark circles is one of your essential when it comes to putting on makeup. In this post you can find everything you need about them:
- Color correctors: what is each one for?
- Basic steps to apply eye concealer
- The best eye concealers
Now you just have to keep reading.
Color correctors: what is each one for?
A good concealer can make a difference in all makeup. Today we can find thousands of options for this type of product, but we must look at the tones we use. We find several types of concealers :
- Cream concealer : it is ideal for dark circles and deep imperfections, since its coverage is dense.
- Mousse concealer : in contact with the skin they turn into powder, but have a very light texture with high coverage.
- Corrector stick : it is recommended for young skin. It covers quite well, although you have to know how to apply it so that it does not get cracked.
- Liquid concealer : it is the easiest to use and the most popular. It has a medium coverage, although it is not highly recommended for oily skin.
- Powder concealer : it does not cover too much, but it is ideal for covering pimples on oily skin.
Although the best known is the 'nude' tone, it is not suitable for all areas of the face. This is when the color correctors appear . Each tone is designed for an area, so if we use them correctly we can get our makeup to be perfect. The key is to use the opposite tone to that of the defect that we want to cover , that is why we find such vivid colors among its options.
Followed by nude, the most used concealer shades are green, purple and yellow .
These are the types of color correctors and their use:
- Green concealer . This tone helps us to hide redness. Use it if you have rosacea or if you have red scars caused by pimples. However, if the redness is not very pronounced, it can be solved with your usual concealer.
- Lilac concealer . For yellowish areas, which on many occasions correspond to skins that have a fairly marked yellow undertone. It can also be used to cover marked veins or healing bruises.
- Orange or salmon concealer . This concealer is used to cover very marked dark circles, in a blue tone. We can also use it to blur brown or bluish tones (polka dots or spots).
- Yellow concealer . in this case, we can neutralize dark circles and dark circles with a purple undertone and blackheads. In addition, in dark skin it can help to illuminate some areas of the face.
- Pink concealer . If you have sallow skin, your veins will be green. In this case, it is appropriate to neutralize them with a pink tone, which also serves to camouflage the stubble in men.
These are the main shades of color correctors. These could be considered as the first step to conceal all the imperfections. Now would come the moment of the nude concealer, the traditional one .
But how do I apply it? Next we will reveal the keys to achieve that the concealer is perfectly integrated in the face.
Basic steps to apply concealer for dark circles
Once we have applied the neutralizers or color pre-correctors , it is time to seal with a nude concealer.
As it should be? According to Gato, official makeup artist of Maybelline New York, in an interview for Vogue, the concealer should be high coverage to cover purple or brown dark circles, and moisturizing, to avoid cracking. It should be slightly lighter than the base, but not artificial .
And when applying it, what steps should we follow?
- When: There are divided opinions on this, although most professional makeup artists bet on applying it before the foundation, so that the area does not become overloaded.
- How: According to Gato, it doesn't make sense to apply concealer around the eye contour, since we don't have dark circles evenly all over the eye. The solution is to do it only in the area where the dark circles are marked, blending well with soft and circular movements. Subsequently, dabbing around the contour with the rest of the concealer that has remained on the finger to homogenize the area in a natural way.
- What to apply it with : with a brush, fingers or sponge, it will depend on what you prefer or what you are most used to using.
How to make it last longer? One trick is to apply a touch of powder to avoid drying the area. It is important that there are no marked or cracked lines before applying the powder, as it will be impossible to disguise them afterwards.
When choosing the concealer, it is important to take into account the age of the skin . For more mature faces, it is advisable to use lighter products with sun protection to prevent expression lines and the appearance of spots .
Now is the time to discover the best makeup concealers. We continue!
The best eye concealers
We can consider the concealer of dark circles as the most basic product when applying makeup , used by most. As with all makeup products, we find concealers in all price ranges. These are the ones we like the most, and the best thing is that most of them are low cost, but with the same coverage and quality as a higher priced one. Here we go!
- Fit Me concealer by Maybelline . It has become one of the most used concealers, thanks to its high coverage and its light but not greasy texture. Some say it is "the best concealer in perfumery."
- Radiant Creamy Concealer, by Nars . It is the # 1 selling concealer in the United States. Although it is more expensive (29.50 euros), its high coverage and its ability to correct other imperfections and eliminate signs of fatigue make it worth that price. Also, you can find it in more than 20 shades.
- Camouflage Liquid Concealer, by Catrice . Another top seller without a doubt. It is one of the most acclaimed low cost concealers, since despite its low price (3.99 euros), it has a long-lasting high coverage and is waterproof.
- Concealer Pro Conceal HD, by LA Girl . It has a high pigmentation that makes it a perfect ally against dark circles. In addition, we not only find it in a nude tone, but you can choose between 24 different tones for each area and thus achieve the perfect finish.
- El Borrador concealer by Maybelline . Its soft sponge-shaped applicator makes the product penetrate better and adapts to the skin. In addition, it reduces spots and small wrinkles thanks to the powerful anti-aging treatment that it includes.
- Corrector Retouch + Erase light lifting, by Milani . Instantly removes the look of dark circles, blemishes and blemishes giving a nice touch of added shine. And you will love its sponge-shaped applicator.
- Phyto Cernes Eclat, from Sisley. A concealer that you will not forget. Its soft and light formula is respectful with the skin, smoothing wrinkles and crow's feet. You will achieve natural and long-lasting results. First apply the metallized area by lightly pressing on the eye contour for a decongestant cold effect. Then apply the product with the brush or your fingers, from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye.
- Infallible Concealer 24h Concealer Pomade, by L'oreal Paris . With great coverage, it hides dark circles, bruises and marks. Its texture is creamy, and it is waterproof.
- Master Camo Pen by Maybelline . A specific shade for each type of imperfection. It is presented in pen format, which facilitates its application on the areas to be corrected. Green tones neutralize skin redness, blue camouflages sallow skin, pink and yellow illuminate dull skin, while apricot and red correct dark circles.
- Allround Color Correction Palette by Catrice . Its creamy formula and its different shades designed for each type of imperfection will make you achieve the perfect finish.
If you liked the post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks.
And if you have any questions, do not hesitate to write to me!
See you soon!