Facial masks: everything you need to know
Hi friends! I'll be back for another week to tell you about a new beauty topic: facial masks . It is one of the most used beauty treatments, both by men and women, but what do you know about them?
In this post let's cover all the essential points about face masks:
- Why should I use a face mask?
- How to apply the facial mask
- The best facial masks
Why should I use a face mask?
Routine tires anyone, and it also wreaks havoc on our skin. Therefore, as we already know, a good daily facial cleaning is essential if we want to have a perfect face.
But there are times when that is not enough. If you want to have a moment of relaxation and take care of your skin at the same time, it is time to use a facial mask. Purify, hydrate, illuminate ... there are many types of masks, designed for each type of skin and its needs.
Why are they so recommended? Here are three reasons to use them:
- Its functions are endless . It is impossible that you will not find a face mask for your needs. There are them for oily, normal, dry, irritated skin ... And if we talk about functions they are not short either, we can use them to hydrate, exfoliate, nourish, illuminate, mattify ...
- Its great effectiveness. Another reason is simple but important: they work. Although facial masks act mainly on the superficial layers of the skin of the face, they are also capable of penetrating even the deepest layers, providing considerable effectiveness and care.
- We love to use them. The ritual of taking advantage of a moment of rest to relax, apply our facial mask and enjoy a good book or movie is very comforting, especially after a tiring day.
In addition, as I have already mentioned, there are specific ones for each skin type:
- Skin with spots : you should use a mask that contains active ingredients to unify the skin tone.
- Skin with redness: Soothing and moisturizing mask.
- Acneic skin: purifying and soothing mask.
- Dry skin: moisturizing mask.
- Photoaged skins : mask with antioxidants that illuminate and hydrate the skin.
- Combination skin: multimasking technique (purifying, soothing and moisturizing)
Another main characteristic of facial masks is that we can find them in numerous formats. Let's get to know them more thoroughly:
- Peel-off mask. they are the ones that have become the most popular in recent years, as a result of the famous black mask. This type is ideal for removing blackheads and impurities. These are gel masks that, once applied, begin to solidify to create a film that is very easy to remove.
- Mud mask . Normally made of clay, they are ideal for absorbing impurities, since they have a great exfoliating power. At the same time, they help to cleanse the face and stimulate blood flow.
- Veil masks. Direct from Korea. They consist of cellulose masks, easy to apply, which can be impregnated in any type of product, this versatility being one of the keys to their success.
- Cream masks. They are the most common and easy to find. They usually stand out for the large amount of nutrients with which they have been formulated and for their great moisturizing power.
- Powder masks. They are mixed with water, creating a mass that is applied to the face, leaving it to act for 15-20 min on the skin.
As you can see, there is a long list of options to choose from. It will depend on your skin type and the format that best suits you and that you like the most. Now we are going to explain how to apply it.
How to apply the face mask
The mask has become a good ally when it comes to hydrating and improving our face. We can use it for numerous situations, and when we are looking for different results, but all this will be of no use if we do not apply it correctly.
Before starting to apply the facial mask, it is advisable to have clean and toned hands . One option is to exfoliate the skin so that it is more receptive to active ingredients, although this step should not be done on skin with acne.
When applying the mask, it must be done evenly over the entire face, on dry skin. The action time will depend on each mask. To achieve a perfect result, do not forget to do it in a moment of relaxation and tranquility .
Once it has taken effect, it is time to rinse it well with warm water (in case you need rinsing) and dry your face gently. After this, use your usual facial products.
How often is it appropriate to use masks? It is recommended once a week, approximately. It will depend on the type of mask you want to use and the results you are looking for. A good option is to alternate between different types , to test how the different active ingredients act on the skin.
Now it's time to show you mine 😉 Let's continue!
The best facial masks
There are many options that we find today when we talk about facial masks. Here you can find the best cheap masks of different brands and types.
- Pure Clay Mask, from L'oreal Paris . They have become one of the most desired masks. 3 pure clays, mixed with 5 different ingredients for 5 perfect results: brightens, exfoliates, corrects imperfections, purifies and revives. It is intended to be used 2-3 times a week.
- Pilaten White Mask . The brand became popular with its black mask, but this one has nothing to envy. This anti blackhead mask has white clay as its main ingredient, which removes dirt from inside the pores, but at the same time, thanks to the cactus extract and aloe gel, it calms the skin and repairs it. This, on the contrary, is not recommended for more than twice a week.
- Dead Sea Algae Mask, by Montagne Jeunesse. It will help you purify, detoxify and cleanse the face. It is ideal for oily and combination skin.
- Paper Mask, from w7. We find three different ones: coconut, charcoal and hyaluronic acid, to achieve hydrated, rejuvenated and radiant skin. They are suitable for all skin types.
- Garnier Rescue Mask . We find 5 different types in these single-dose masks: lemon (illuminating), clay and volcanic stone (minimizing pores), honey and ceramide (repairing), matcha tea and clay (purifying) and pomegranate and glycerin (anti-dryness).
- Green Piggy Collagen Jella Pack by Elizavecca. This cream mask is suitable for all skin types, and contains 50% collagen, it is also enriched with mixtures of organic ingredients such as macadamia seed oil and cocoa extracts.
- Pure Clay Multi Masking Kit, from L'oreal Paris . This kit is designed to illuminate, mattify or exfoliate the skin. Contains a green, red, and black mask. Its creamy texture makes it spread and blend perfectly on the skin. Ideally, apply it to the complexion and let it act for about 10 minutes and then remove it.
- Metallic Facial Mask, by w7. It is 'easy peel', that is, easy to remove. And if you are a lover of metallic tones, you will love this range of masks. There are three types: retinol (purple color), hyaluronic acid (blue) and Vitamin C (orange).
- Hydra Bomb mask, by Garnier . Three moisturizing masks for three types of skin: mattifying (for oily combination skin), soothing (dry and sensitive skin) and revitalizing (dehydrated skin). Its format is in veil.
So far my recommendation. As you can see, there are numerous options, depending on the type of skin and the format that you like the most to use. In you can find many more 🙂
I hope you liked the post and that you are encouraged to use face masks.
If you have any questions about beauty, product, advice, do not hesitate to write to us!
See you soon!