Facial scrub: why should we exfoliate the skin?
Hello friends! This week it's time to talk about the facial scrub . Do you use it regularly? Keep reading and you will find all the keys to this product, which has become an essential to improve the appearance of the face and eliminate imperfections .
- Why should I exfoliate my skin?
- How to perform a facial peel: steps to follow and common mistakes
- Facial scrub: the best products
Why should I exfoliate my skin?
Exfoliating the face has become an essential task if we want to have a healthy complexion without impurities. Every day new cells are formed in the deepest layer of the skin, which go up until they reach the surface, called the epidermis .
Its main function is to provide resistance and protection, and it is renewed every 28 days . This prevents it from wearing off, but this causes residue buildup and can therefore lead to skin problems such as clogged pores and a dull appearance.
For this reason, the use of facial scrubs has become one more step in the cleansing routine. What are the benefits of exfoliating the skin?
- Stimulates the lymphatic system and the release of toxins through the pores.
- Eliminates dead cells, allowing the epidermis to be clean and toned.
- Prevents skin aging and activates circulation and oxygenation of the skin.
- Returns a smoother and more uniform appearance to the face.
- It helps the products you apply after exfoliation to work better, since the skin is clean of dead cells.
As you can see, exfoliation is something that we must not forget if we want to have a perfect complexion . But you have to know how to do it, and for that you have to take into account certain aspects.
How to perform a facial peel: steps to follow and common mistakes
Exfoliating your face has many advantages, but if it is not done correctly it can cause serious problems for your skin. The most important thing to keep in mind is that facial scrubs are not for daily use: we will apply them two or three times a week at most .
We must take some precautions when exfoliating:
- If you have sensitive or dry skin, do not use abrasive products or products that contain sea salts.
- Don't use body scrubs on your face, as they can be very abrasive.
- If you have burned or broken skin, don't exfoliate it.
These are the steps that we must follow to do a correct facial exfoliation :
- The face must be clean, it is important that the face does not have any impurities. To avoid over-drying, we can use make-up remover milk or toner instead of soaps.
- With a wet face, apply the exfoliating product. You should do it smoothly, in circular movements upwards and from the center of the face to the ears. Avoid the eye contour, because in that area the skin is very delicate. You can also use it on the lips, to soften and smooth them.
- Remove the product and rinse your face with cold water, so that the pores are well closed.
- Apply your usual moisturizer.
Remember that pressing the scrub too much on your face is a very common mistake, you will only damage the skin. Follow the steps mentioned above, applying it evenly and smoothly.
Another of the most common questions is whether exfoliation is good for all skin types. The answer is yes. It is suitable and advisable for any skin, although it must be taken into account that the frequency with which we will do it does vary depending on the type of skin.
- Combination and oily skin: exfoliating the face twice a week is suitable to eliminate excess oil.
- Sensitive skin: once every 15 days, using a hypoallergenic facial scrub.
- Dry skin: once a week, with a gentle exfoliator.
Now that we know how to apply it, we have two options, make our own facial scrub at home or buy exfoliating products designed for the needs of each face.
If you choose to do it yourself, you can choose ingredients that you surely have at home:
- Coffee. Add it to a cleansing cream, moisten the face and apply, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Milk and oatmeal. 2 tablespoons of powdered milk, half a cup of ground oats and a teaspoon of cornstarch. Add water to form a paste, let the mixture rest for a minute, and apply.
- Brown sugar. Mix some brown sugar with cleansing cream.
- Sugar and lemon Two tablespoons of sugar and juice of half a lemon in a cup.
If you are not convinced by the homemade facial scrub, then we will talk about facial scrubs that you can find at a great price.
Facial scrub: the best products
If you are not a fan of homemade mixtures and also do not have time to make them, here you can find a selection of effective facial scrubs at a good price.
- Garnier Pure Active Carbon 3-in-1 Cleaner . This compound was created with three main objectives: to purify the complexion, exfoliate the face by eliminating dead cells and a mask to mattify the skin. Its components include charcoal, salicylic acid and blueberries. It is ideal for combination-oily skin.
- Exfoliating anti-blemish gel, by Bella Aurora . In addition to renewing the skin by eliminating dead cells, this gel contains papain, the papaya enzyme, which, as it has a lightening property, evens the complexion. The result: stain and blemish removal is accelerated.
- Manuka Exfoliating Paste, by Ziaja. Contains astringent properties. Deeply cleanses the complexion, reduces blemishes and prevents the formation of blackheads. It is designed for combination-oily skin.
- Nordic detox black soap, by Natura Siberica . Use it 1-2 times a week, preferably at night, thus favoring and enhancing the skin's cell regeneration process. Apply it with the sponge while making circular movements until you make sure it is clean, then remove the soap with plenty of fresh water.
- Illuminating Exfoliator Soft Sugars, by L'oreal Paris . An exfoliant with a soft texture and enriched with 3 sugars of natural origin: white, blonde and brown. You will find it in three versions: with grape seeds (polishes and illuminates), kiwi seeds (purifies and reduces blackheads), and cocoa butter (softens and relieves dryness)
- Rosa Mosqueta facial scrub, by Babaria . The restorative properties of rosehip will clean impurities and hydrate the face.
- Magik Lava, The Better Skin Co . Contains volcanic lava from France, enriched with nourishing calendula, sweet orange and grapeseed oils, cucumber, parsley and chamomile, to keep your skin healthy and radiant. You can use it in three different ways: as a daily cleanser, as a scrub, or as a mask.
- Exfoliating facial peeling for oily or combination skin, from Natura Siberica . It is formulated based on Japanese Sophora, it has small seeds of Arctic Raspberry and Bisabolol that help eliminate excess dead cells.
- Creamy facial scrub, by Mádara . It has been developed with apricot kernel and oat extracts, which remove dead skin cells and stimulate cell renewal. In addition, it has been developed so as not to alter the hydrolipid control. The result is a luminous, smooth skin, ready for any subsequent treatment.
- Illuminating facial scrub, by Naobay . Made with a natural ingredient: olive oil, shea butter and sweet almond oil, which will reduce the appearance of fine lines, and with gotu kola extract that will soften the face after exfoliation.
If none of these products convince you, do not hesitate to visit the scrubs section of. You're sure to find yours!
I say goodbye for today. If you liked the post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks 🙂