Facial serum: what it is for and how to use it
Hello Bellas! Today we will talk about a product that has found a place in our facial routine: the serum . Do you know what its benefits are and how you should use it? If the answer is no, keep reading.
- Serum: all keys
- How to apply the serum in our daily facial routine
- The facial serums that you cannot miss
Serum: all keys
Facial serums are face and neck treatments that serve to deeply hydrate . Its great advantage is that it has a higher concentration of assets.
And this is the main difference with the face cream. They contain fewer ingredients and are also usually water-based, so their texture is lighter and penetrates the skin faster.
The serum provides greater efficacy compared to a classic cream , but this does not mean that we should replace it. If we use both products in our facial routine we will multiply the results for the better.
If it is true that in the case of oily skin, a serum may be enough, although that remains in your hands. On the other hand, dry skin may need more supplements of water and lipids in the form of a cream.
It is recommended for all ages and for any skin type, since it treats and cares for layers that other products do not reach.
We can find different types of serums: anti-aging, anti-stain, anti-acne, moisturizing ... Before choosing yours, you should think about your skin type and what would suit you best. There are them in different textures: gel, oil, emulsions ...
It is absorbed instantly, it is usually oil free, which does not leave a residue, and instantly improves the appearance of the skin.
What serum should you use according to your skin type? Here are some ideas:
- Dry skin. A good option can be a serum that contains glycerin or hyaluronic acid, to hydrate the skin.
- Acne skin. Serums with salicylic, glycolic or dioic acid.
- Mature skins. There are specific serums to combat the signs of aging, hyaluronic acid is one of its star components.
Now is the time to know how to apply it, and how to include it in our daily routine. We continue!
How to apply the serum in our daily facial routine
One of the most common questions when including the serum in your facial cleansing routine is: when and how do I apply it?
The most important thing: it is applied before the usual moisturizer, since they are fast-absorbing products , as we mentioned before.
Apply it with clean skin, so it should always be after removing make-up and after toning. This means that its assets will be in direct contact with the skin and thus there is no previous barrier (such as a cream) that hinders absorption.
Being a very light texture, you will only need a small amount of product (one or two drops) to be able to cover your entire face, neck and décolleté . It is not necessary to apply too much product, since with a small amount you will get a lot out of it anyway.
To apply it, start on the inside of the face and make circular movements towards the outside. It is important that the product is well absorbed before applying the next step, the day or night cream. It is advisable to use the serum in both cleanings.
Another question that many of us have asked ourselves with the serum is whether we can use it on the eye contour. A priori, there would be no problem if the product label does not specify it, although for this delicate area it is advisable to use the creams designed for it.
The truth is that we can not think of any disadvantage of the serum. It is more effective than a cream, improves skin instantly, enhances the benefits of subsequent products , and is easy to apply. What are you waiting to try it?
Now it's time to make a small list of the serums that we like the most, of all types and ranges, so that you can find yours. Keep reading!
The facial serums that you cannot miss
- Bio 10 Anti-stain, by Bella Aurora . Surely you know this serum, it is one of the best known as it reduces blemishes on the face and prevents more from coming out. In addition, it hydrates the skin and is anti aging. You can find it for dry and combination-oily skin, since it is oil free and is absorbed quickly into the skin.
- Revitalift Laser Serum x3, by L'oreal Paris. Its formula contains a high concentration of Pro-XylaneTM (3%) combined with Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide for a triple action: it corrects wrinkles, reduces pores and evens out the tone. Designed for mature skin.
- Jasmine anti-wrinkle serum, by Ziaja. A serum with an active formula based on jasmine butter and essential fatty acids from olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil and Canola. Jasmine has great benefits for the skin, improves the appearance of scars or blemishes, tones and stimulates the natural production of lipids. The essential oils will take care of nourishing, softening your skin and improving the tone.
- SOS Rehydrating Serum, by Mádara . Indicated for very dry skin, made with Nordic peony, linseed and hyaluronic acid. It is designed to restore the deepest layers of the skin, hydrating them and balancing stressed skin. Suitable for all skin types and easily absorbed.
- Facial serum for oily skin, by Natura Siberica. The Japanese Shopora base allows your skin to achieve the perfect balance between the excessive control of accumulated fats in the most vulnerable areas of your skin and its natural hydration and softness.
- Regenerist Luminous Serum, by Olay. This serum comes highly concentrated so you don't waste a drop or any of its powerful ingredients that deepen not one, but 10 layers onto the skin's surface. In this way, it can recover its healthy appearance and natural luminosity. It will also leave your skin exfoliated and smooth. Total renovation!
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + vitamin b5, from The Ordinary. This magnificent serum combines the benefits of Vitamin B5 with 3 different molecular weights of Hyaluronic Acid: low, medium and high. All this to hydrate even the deepest layers of your skin, with healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Revitalift Filler Volumizing Hyaluronic Serum, by L'oreal Paris . In addition, this serum has 10 times more concentration of Hyaluronic Acid than other treatments of this brand. Its formula fills the skin, for a smoother skin, as redensified.
- New Dimension by Estee Lauder . It contains pro-collagen properties to create volume and a better structure of the skin. You will notice how in just two weeks the contour of your eyes is more defined and the cheekbones firmer.
- Suractif Comfort Lift, from Lancaster. High concentration serum for all skin types. Tightens the skin, smoothes wrinkles, gives elasticity and flexibility.
So far my selection of facial serums, I hope you liked them! If you haven't found yours yet, in you can find many more.
If you liked this post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks 😀
Until next week!