Hand luggage: what cosmetics can I bring on the plane?
Hello Friend ! How are you? This week we are going to talk about hand luggage . When it comes to traveling, there is a question we always ask ourselves. What products can I take on the plane?
This answer may vary depending on the company we are traveling with, but as a general rule, there are usually some standards that everyone must meet. If you are undecided when it comes to packing your suitcase, don't miss this post.
- Hand luggage: what should it be like?
- Can I carry cosmetics and makeup in my hand luggage?
- Products for your hand luggage
Hand luggage: what should it be like?
Queuing for baggage check and then waiting for it to exit through the airport belt is perhaps one of the heaviest parts of the trip. On the opposite side, those people who prefer to avoid all this mess and travel only with hand luggage, allowed inside the plane .
Without a doubt, this is the most comfortable option, but several things must also be taken into account when packing our cabin luggage. As it should be?
Each company has its own rules regarding the measurements of this luggage, but almost all have the same standards: a 55 x 40 x 23 package, and a smaller one of 25 x 33 x 20, approximately. This would be the equivalent of a small suitcase or handbag and a backpack or purse.
The maximum allowable weight of the cabin bag is also usually the same: 10 kg. Some of them do not even put a weight limit, as long as the package complies with the allowed measures.
Once we are clear about which suitcase we should use for our hand luggage, the other part of the question comes: what is allowed to take and what is not. How can we know? The IATA (International Air Transport Association) is in charge of this work.
Forget about including these items in your suitcase (cabin or checked):
- Weapons in general, even toy ones (which may look real).
- Chemical or toxic substances.
- Objects with a sharp point or cutting edge, including blunt instruments (blunt but not sharp end, such as school scissors).
- Explosive or incendiary substances.
- Devices that stun or immobilize.
- Devices that fire projectiles, including slingshots.
- Liquids, sprays and gels (although there are exceptions, read on)
Although the prohibited objects are quite clear, there are some that can generate doubts, and that we can take with us :
- Electronic devices . There is no problem in carrying phones, tablets, laptops, game consoles, cameras ... But we must bear in mind that we must take it out of the suitcase or bag at the security control, to pass them separately.
- Liquids Yes, they can be carried, but the containers must be a maximum of 100ml.
You have to bear in mind that there are certain exceptions, since everything you buy after the security control you can upload it to the plane, as long as it goes in its bag and with its corresponding ticket.
Can I carry cosmetics and makeup in my hand luggage?
If this is what worried you the most, the answer is yes 🙂 Cosmetics and makeup are allowed themselves, but with certain restrictions.
As we have spoken before, it is allowed to carry liquids in hand luggage, as long as they do not exceed 100ml, and they cannot be more than 10 bottles. This means that you cannot carry more than one liter.
What do we understand by liquid? drinks, perfumes, gels, shampoos, toothpaste, creams, lotions, sprays ...
Our travel bag must follow these guidelines so that we do not have problems when passing the security control. Therefore, here comes the time to know how to differentiate which part of our makeup we cannot easily include: eyelash mascara, concealers, liquid foundations, highlighters, creams ... We must remember that none of these containers can exceed 100ml.
These are the alternatives that we can consider:
- Without a doubt, a good option is to change these products for their solid version . Fluid makeup for a compact one, makeup remover liquid for wipes, spray deodorant for roll-on deodorant ...
- If you do not want to change your products and they exceed 100ml, use a 100ml travel-size set and add the desired amount of the product in these small cans. You can find them in any store.
- Buy your makeup at the airport store . Once you have passed the security checks, you can buy it in the duty free area. The downside is that you can only use them during your stay, since on your return you will not be able to pass the security control.
Remember that all the liquids in your hand luggage must go together in a plastic bag with zip closure , and you must remove them at the airport control.
Products designed to carry in hand luggage
Traveling is one of the most popular hobbies, and brands know it. That is why they have created numerous travel sets, compatible with an airplane flight or small cabin suitcases.
If you are one of those people who prefers to buy specific products instead of filling smaller cans, you cannot miss these travel sets:
- Vintage Escape Kit, by Cargo . Its packaging is ideal, and what it contains too! Lipstick, primer and eyeshadow, mascara and blush. The basic kit for a natural makeup.
- Goat Milk Travel Set, by Ziaja . These single-dose units are very suitable for desperate situations. Contains a shampoo and a mask sachet. They are ideal for dry, dull and dull hair.
- Madara facial care travel set. An ideal travel set to purify, protect and hydrate the skin of the face at all hours, even if you are miles from home. A pack that includes 5 brand bestsellers: scrub, micellar water, facial mask, eye contour cream and moisturizer.
- Travel essentials brush set, by Real Techniques . Three brushes for three areas: essential foundation brush (foundation and concealer), multi task brush (blush and powder), and domed shadow brush (eye shadows).
- Mini powder carvings, by Lily Lolo. If you like foundation and powder highlighter, Lily Lolo brings you the perfect solution: quality makeup, at a low price and valid for any carry-on.
- 5-piece men's travel set, by Nivea . Essentials for men: shaving foam, deodorant, shower gel, moisturizer and lip balm. What else do you need?
- Oblepikha travel set, from Natura Siberica . Everything you need if you go on a trip and without problems to take it by plane, since the products contain 50ml: Shampoo, conditioner, body milk and shower gel.
As you can see, there are numerous possibilities to carry makeup and cosmetics in our hand luggage. You will not have to do without anything!
And so far my post today. What do you want to travel, right? 😎
If you liked it, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks! If you have any questions, write us!
See you soon!