What types of facial soaps are the most suitable for me?
Hello friends! How are you? This week I bring you a very basic post, related to cleaning the face: facial soaps, an essential product in our day-to-day.
We think that a good cleaning and daily nutrition of the face makes the difference. For this reason, we want you to know the facts and curiosities of this small daily ritual, which many advice doing up to three times a day , so that your face looks flawless and clean at all times.
Without a doubt, the key is to choose the products properly, always thinking about the one that best suits you. In this post, I will show you everything you need to know to select your ideal soaps and their advantages from the wide range available on the market. Accompany me!
- Types of facial soaps
- What facial cleanser should you use according to your skin type?
- How to make your own homemade soap
Now that you know the points that we are going to discuss in this post, do not hesitate to continue reading if you want to get very valuable information for your face.
Types of facial soaps
The goal is to show off a perfect and well-cared face, but there are several factors that must be taken into account. In this section, I want to show you the types of facial soaps that you can find in the market. Although there is a huge variety, take your time to analyze the best option for your skin type, it is the only way to ensure an effective result!
These are some of the most used types:
- Neutral facial soap: this soap is ideal for very sensitive skin or those with a tendency to some type of allergy since it does not contain perfumes or dyes. You can wash your face with it before putting on makeup and right after removing makeup. You will appreciate how kind it is to your skin!
- Glycerin soap: it is very light, and it dissolves very easily in water. In addition, it is completely transparent. The glycerin will help to eliminate small rashes or pimples and to moisturize your skin perfectly.
- Moisturizing cream soap: the neutral Ph of this type of soap makes it suitable for dry skin or those that require more moisture. Its properties will relax the skin of your face, restoring its natural balance.
- Soap with seaweed: if what you are looking for is a skin with greater elasticity, this is your ideal option. Use it daily and it will help you reduce fine lines and signs of aging.
- Sulfur facial soap: this soap has a very specific use: skin with severe cases of acne. It is an ideal facial cleanser, as it dries out pimples and has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. However, it can be somewhat harsh for some skin types, so it is recommended to consult its use with the dermatologist.
- Tepezcohuite soap: it is a soap made from a tree native to Mexico, famous for its regenerative properties, since it can relieve and heal light burns, as well as eliminate pimples. It is also recommended for people with normal or dry skin.
- Nacre shell soap: this ingredient is very useful to gradually eliminate scars. You can combine a soap and cream of the same type so that the favorable results are noticeable much faster.
- Oatmeal soap: among the most popular soaps are those made with oatmeal, as it is excellent for exfoliating the skin and removing the characteristic shine of oily skin.
- Honey soap: in addition to being an excellent ingredient for your health, it is also an excellent ingredient for your face. This soap will help retain moisture on your face and soothe some light breakouts, helping you exfoliate your skin completely.
As you can see, there are numerous options when it comes to choosing the right soap for your face. If you are not very in favor of using this type of cleanser, I give you other options below, but always thinking about the best for each type of skin. We continue!
What facial cleanser should you use according to your skin type?
As we all know, each person's skin is unique and special, so we don't all have the same needs. And this influences when choosing our cosmetic products, and that an inadequate cleaning of the skin of our face can cause the appearance of skin problems (or even aggravate existing ones).
These are my recommendations according to your skin type:
Dry or mature skin: the best option for these skins are products with moisturizing ingredients (oatmeal, shea butter, olive oil, almond oil, sunflower seed oil, cranberry seed oil ...), that is, they maintain the skin hydration film. If this is your case, you should forget aggressive soaps, because they dry out the skin and even leave it irritated.
The best options for this type of skin are: traditional make-up remover milks, cleansing oils or "syndet" soaps, which in addition to removing make-up and impurities from the skin, leave it hydrated and fluffy.
- Cleansing milk: applied generously to the face and removed with make-up removal discs. Although it does not clean as thoroughly as other products, it can be used both to remove makeup and to remove dirt accumulated throughout the day.
- Cleansing oils: although today there are cleansing oils for all skin types, the truth is that they are very suitable for dry skin since they are the ones that tolerate it best. They dissolve and easily remove any type of makeup and maintain skin hydration, avoiding the sensation of dryness on the face. They are applied directly to the skin giving a gentle massage with circular movements and are rinsed with plenty of water.
- 'Syndet' soaps: this is the most innovative option for cleaning dry and sensitive skin. They are soap-free cleansing gels whose name responds to the abbreviation synthetic detergent, which result from the combination of different detergents that respect the natural moisture of the skin and provide deep cleaning. You will find this type of product in pharmacies and para pharmacies. We advise you to wash your skin with cold water to promote its natural hydration.
Combination or oily skin: This type of skin is characterized by excess production of sebum, which accumulates along with pollution, makeup and other impurities clogging pores. That is why they require cleansing products with astringent ingredients (green tea, grapefruit, rosemary, lavender, mint, witch hazel, lemon extracts ...) that leave the skin dull without actually drying it out.
For this type of skin, cleansing creams and milks are totally contraindicated. Neither are products that contain alcohol, as they could over-dry the face and cause excess sebum production. On the contrary, the products that work best for them are facial foams and gels, as well as the aforementioned 'syndet' soaps . Micellar and thermal waters are also ideal . If you have acne problems, you should use special products that contain antiseptic ingredients such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, as they prevent and fight pimples.
Sensitive skin: this type of skin reacts badly to soaps and products with alcohol and aromas, even to frequent contact with water. Therefore, its cleaning must be in charge of the aforementioned 'syndet', which are not aggressive for the skin, like micellar or thermal waters.
If you want even more options, feel free to continue reading. you will find a great selection of soaps, here you can see them.
How to make your own homemade facial soap
If you are tired of trying cosmetic products and none of them work for you, I invite you to try another idea: make your own homemade soap. This option is ideal for sensitive skin, which requires ingredients that are as natural as possible and free of aggressive substances. I love it!
I found this recipe for homemade soap on the Better with Health website, which shares a special recipe for sensitive skin and dermatitis, with soothing, balancing, and moisturizing properties. These are the steps you must follow:
The recipe for this soap is made up of five main ingredients :
Glycerin: this ingredient fights cellular aging and has calming effects.
Cocoa butter: it is a product very rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, and it also prevents cellular aging and lack of elasticity.
White, red or pink clay (powder): helps to regulate the production of fat without altering the pH, as well as to prevent all kinds of imperfections.
Almond oil: provides softness and hydration to the skin, while calming possible irritations and inflammations.
Lavender essential oil: it also has antiseptic and soothing properties. In addition, it helps to enhance the effects of the rest of the ingredients.
These are the amounts that we must use when making our homemade soap:
- 1 glycerin tablet (100 or 120 g)
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa butter (50 g)
- Two tablespoons of almond oil (30 g)
- Two heaping tablespoons of powdered white, red or pink clay (40 g)
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
Once ready, we must follow the following steps :
- Put the glycerin and cocoa butter in a bain-marie so that they melt.
- When they have a more or less liquid texture, we will lower the heat to keep the heat, and we will add the almond oil and the powdered clay.
- We will mix well, remove from the heat source and add the lavender essential oil.
- We will put this mixture in the molds that we are going to use for the soaps. We can use the base of plastic bottles, soap dishes, etc.
- Let the mixture cool down.
You already have your homemade facial soap ready!
It is a good option if your budget is low or if you want to try new recipes.
If you liked this post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks.
See you soon! 🙂