Lip balm: its different uses and applications
Hi friends! Here I am again to tell you everything you need to know about a beauty product that often goes quite unnoticed: lip balm.
The lip balm besides being perfect to hydrate the lips, it has multiple functions that you may not know but that in today's post, I am going to tell you about them.
If you are interested in knowing everything about lip balm, do not hesitate to continue reading the post. In it, I will talk about:
- Lip balm: a lip moisturizer.
- The best lip balms.
- Other uses of lip balm
Now that you know what I'm going to talk about in this very interesting post, keep reading!
Lip balm: a lip moisturizer
With cold, wind, heat or other agents, the lips tend to dry out and flake. The solution to this problem is very simple, just hydrate them with the help of a good lip balm.
Lip balm is simply a lip product whose main function is to keep lips hydrated and soft. You may not know it, but lip balm is several years old. Specifically, it was created in 1880 with the aim of maintaining moisture in this area of the face.
The skin of the lips is characterized by being quite thin and weak, since it does not have sebaceous glands or melanin that keep them moist and protected. Therefore, when applying the balm, the lips feel protected for longer as well as softened, regenerated and nourished.
Do you really know what balms are made of? Currently on the market, there are a large number of brands that market this type of product and that differ in terms of their packaging, texture or ingredients used.
Regarding the ingredients, the balms are made mainly of wax. This, in turn, tends to be enriched with other ingredients such as beeswax, lanolin, shea butter, aromas, perfumes, almond oils, calendula, aloe vera, hyalutonic acid, vitamins, dyes and protection factor. I advise you to choose balms that contain protection factor , in this way you prevent the damage that the sun's rays could cause in them.
You will also have been able to see how brands have been developing new balms with different formats. You can find everything from lipstick-shaped balms to creamy or gel balms.
The same goes for its tonality. In the beginning, the balms used to be transparent and colorless. However, cosmetic brands have been concerned with creating balms that add color and shine to the lips. A great idea if we also want to use it as a makeup product!
Now you know everything about this wonderful product. In the next point, I will make you a recommendation of products that you will love.
The best lip balms
You already know the importance of keeping your lips hydrated to avoid cracks or dryness. Now comes the time for you to know the lipsticks that best hydrate your lips.
Therefore, I propose a small selection of lip balms that I hope you like. These are my favorites !?
- Maybelline Baby Lips Balm : Up to 8 hours of hydration and protection against external agents on the lips, with this great Maybelline balm. It stands out for its high concentration of nutritious ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Honey and Shea Butter. It has different shades to choose from!
- W7 Argan Oil Balm : Say goodbye to cracks and dryness on your lips with this balm, enriched with Argan Oil and Vitamin E. It is also the perfect size, to carry it with you in your bag. A marvel!
- Tony Moly Kiss Kiss Balm : With this balm you not only hydrate the lips, you also get to give them more shine and volume. It has antioxidant and anti-aging properties that prevent the premature appearance of wrinkles. Its packaging is pure love!
- Ziaja Natural Olive Balm: Discover the properties of Olive Oil, Canola and Vitamin A and E on your lips. This compound deeply hydrates and softens the mouth, preventing unwanted cracks and dryness. You will love the orange smell it gives off.
- Madara Plum Plum Balm : A totally ecological product! This is how this lip balm is formulated with Organic Castor Oil, Sea Buckthorn and Coconut Jojoba, Plum Seed Oil, Beeswax and Chamomile and Calendula Extracts. After use, you will feel how the lips regain their hydration and regenerate. You'll love it!
- Cacao Original of Liposan: softer and moisturized lips with this balm and l aborado based jojoba oil and shea butter. Leave out the chapped lips!
- Holika Holika Dessert Time Balm : A balm that makes you want to eat! This original product intensely hydrates the lips to avoid the appearance of future cracks. Likewise, it leaves a subtle shine ideal for a natural day-to-day makeup.
- Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment : Intensive hydration and softness , with this great clinique balm. A product formulated with rich emollients. What are you waiting to try it?
This has been my selection of lip balms. As you have seen, there are all kinds: balms of different brands, prices, packagings and ingredients. It is up to you to decide which one to stay with based on your tastes and needs. I hope you liked my proposal! ?
Other uses of lip balm
As I have already mentioned, the balm is the key to keeping the lips perfectly hydrated . Also, in the previous point, I have suggested my favorite lip balms. But did you know that this one can get you out of many other troubles? ?
Although it may not seem like it, lip balm can become your best ally at any time of the day, for example, helping you in your makeup routine, collaborating in hair care or when you do your manicure. Never forget to have a balm in your toiletry bag !?
You may not know them but these are the other uses you can give your lip balm.
- Correct mistakes in your makeup: Sometimes, in a hurry or lack of practice, we get out to delineate the line of the eye or the lips. If this happens, do not go down. The solution is very simple! Take the typical ear swab, soak it in lip balm and wipe it over the areas to be corrected. It will appear that nothing has happened.
- Take care of your cuticles: Before going to sleep, you can apply the balm on your cuticles. With this, you will make the cuticles look softer and more hydrated. Perfect manicure without leaving home !?
- Moisturize your hands: Perfect for times of the day when you can't find your hand cream or it has run out. Apply the balm directly to the driest areas of your hands to nourish them.
- Soften expression lines: For those little wrinkles that appear around the eyes, lip balm is the key. In this way, you hydrate the contour and blur expression lines. A trick of 10 !?
- Defining your brows: Does it bother you that your brows are constantly tousled? By applying a little balm on them, you can set them and remain intact throughout the day.
- Illuminate cheekbones: If you woke up with a dull or lifeless complexion, a good solution is to dab a little balm on your cheekbones. You will show a more illuminated and alive face.
- Brighten the eyes: Do you want to show off a special sparkle in your eyes? So I recommend mixing your lip balm with your favorite eyeshadow. You will see how your look is instantly highlighted.
- As a hair serum: Lip balm can become your best kept secret, if you are looking to control frizz and the most unruly hairs.
- Moisturize the nose: When we get sick or have allergies, we often blow our noses. This action tends to dry out and irritate the nose causing flaking. To hydrate and calm this area, I advise you to apply a little balm around the nose.
So far all the secrets and curiosities of lip balm. Now that you know everything, I say goodbye until next week with new interesting beauty posts.
If you liked it, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks.
Ah! And if you have any questions about beauty, products, advice, do not hesitate to write to us.
And if you want us to talk about a specific topic, leave it in the comments.
I'll be back next week with more content for you.
See you soon!?