Top 10 The Ordinary: The Complete Guide
Hello friends! Today it's time to talk about a low cost brand that has crept into our hearts: The Ordinary. Their characteristic products sometimes have names and properties that are not easy to decipher. That is why today in this post we are going to talk about your best-selling products : what they are for, what is their function on the face, how they should be used ...
We started, do not miss it!
The Ordinary, 'clinical formulas with integrity'
Formulations with integrity. This is the phrase you will find on all The Ordinary brand products. Why? It refers to its collection of treatments, in constant evolution, always thought with effective clinical technologies but keeping a low price , in order to increase the integrity and quality of skin care.
With a team specialized in the chemistry and biochemistry of materials, its reason for being is to bring effective and familiar technologies to the market at low and honest prices.
Another of its main characteristics is that all its products are 100% vegan , since they do not contain parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, animal oils, benzalkonium chloride, tar dyes, formaldehyde, mercury or oxybenzone. Furthermore, none of their products are tested on animals.
The Ordinary is also characterized by the use of vitamin C in almost all its products, which brings numerous benefits to the skin.
The brand is constantly growing and more and more products are joining its line. Its characteristic is that each product bears the name of its main ingredient, so on many occasions it can lead to confusion, since it does not exactly specify its function, so in this post we will explain them more thoroughly.
Guide to categories and rules of use
We find numerous categories within The Ordinary products, which fulfill different functions on our skin. This is a brief summary of each of them:
- Retinoids They are components of vitamin A and are often used to combat acne or psoriasis, it is also effective in photoaging and hyperpigmentation processes.
- Vitamin C. They are powerful antioxidants that help prevent damage to our immune system, infections, and also help fight skin aging.
- Direct acids. Acids are aggressive and can cause reactions in sensitive skin, but in each product of the brand you will find indications so that you can use them without problem (for example, mixing them with your usual cream).
- Antioxidants They block free radicals, which are the cause of skin oxidation. With these products we will be able to recover the luminosity and give uniformity in the tone of our skin, eliminating spots and creating a protective film on the dermis.
- Moisturizers and oils. The Ordinary products in this category have been designed with a special formula that has the distinction of being quickly absorbed by the skin once it has been applied to it. You will avoid dryness problems.
- Other molecules. Its function is to take care of the skin in depth and delay the effects of the passage of time.
With so many concentrated ingredients and properties, many of The Ordinary's products can be combined to achieve different results in one application. This is what you need to know if you want to combine products:
- Maximum 3 serums in each routine, only one of them with a powerful active ingredient.
- Apply watery textures before oily ones.
- In case of using several with watery textures, first use the one with the main problem to be treated.
- When you start using the products (especially the serums), it is advisable to mix it with your usual cream so that it is not so aggressive.
- Those that contain pigmentation should only be used at night , and the next morning we must protect ourselves with sunscreen .
- The patch test is recommended to test the products on your skin before using them on the face (apply a small amount to the forearm, cover it and after 24 hours see if any skin reaction has occurred). In that case, consult your dermatologist before using the product.
On the official website of The Ordinary you will find all the information about the components of each product.
Now is the time to get to know your best-selling products.
Best Selling Products: Top 10 The Ordinary
These are our 10 best-selling products of the brand, let's take a closer look at them:
- Hyaluronic acid 2% + vitamin B5 . Price: 6.80 euros. Designed to hydrate and repair the skin even in the inner layers. Healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It is applied between the toner and the cream, both morning and night.
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. Price: 5.90 euros. Anti-stain formula. Regulates oil and minimizes pore size. Apply it between the toner and the cream, both morning and night. It is not recommended to use at the same time as a product with vitamin C, so it is advisable to alternate.
- AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution. Price: 7.20 euros. Improves the luminosity, texture and tone of the skin. Use twice a week (at night). Apply it as a mask (it spreads over the face and neck avoiding the eye contour), let it rest for 10 minutes and then remove with warm water. After use, apply sunscreen in the morning.
- Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG. Price: 6.80 euros. Helps reduce inflammation in bags and dark circles. Use a small amount, and apply it in the morning and / or night, before the cream.
- Glycolic Acid 7% toning solution. Price: 8.70 euros. Brightens, evens out skin tone and texture. It should not be used on sensitive skin or skin that has undergone peelings. Apply it at night with a cotton ball, after cleaning the face, avoiding the eye area. No need to clarify.
- Vitamin C 23% in suspension + 2% hyaluronic acid spheres. Price: 5.80 euros. Ideal to combat uneven tone and signs of aging, it is also an antioxidant. It cannot be used together with Niacinamide. Apply it at night, before going to bed, after watery products.
- 2% Salicylic Acid Solution . Price: 5.30 euros. This formula is designed to combat facial blemishes, but should not be used on sensitive skin. Use after cleansing and before cream. Avoid the eye contour, you can use it in small doses all over the face or focus a small amount on the spots to be treated.
- Peptide Serum with Multi-Technology Buffet. Price: 14.80 euros. A complete range of technologies studied to attack all the signs of aging at the same time. Apply it before oils and creams, after cleansing the face, both morning and night.
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA . Price: 5.80 euros (30 ml). This formula repairs and hydrates the skin without leaving a greasy feeling, protecting the outer layer of the skin. It contains 11 amino acids, and offers long-lasting results with continued use. Apply it as the last step of your facial routine, in the morning and at night.
- Vitamin C in Suspension at 30% in Silicone . Price: 6.50 euros. Reduces the signs of aging and evens the tone. It is applied after watery textures, and it is recommended to use it mixed with serums or creams to reduce it. It cannot be used together with Niacinamide. Use it at night, before the cream.
See you soon! 😀