What blush color should I use according to my skin tone?
Hello guys! How's it going? Today we are going to give your cheeks a little color with blush 😀 Do you know how to apply it correctly? What shades are they wearing this season? What are the most recommended brands? If you want to know, don't miss this post:
- Tips and tricks for applying blush
- What blush do I choose according to my skin tone?
- The best low cost blushes
Tips and tricks for applying blush
The blush or 'blush' has been present in makeup looks for decades. Without a doubt, it brings a touch of sweetness and blush that is very flattering to the face.
It can make the difference between a 'good face' effect or a pale face, as long as we know how to apply it well , since otherwise we can achieve an overloaded and unnatural effect.
The first question is clear: in which area is the blush applied? There is no set rule as it depends on the shape of the face , among other things. As a general rule, it should go just above the contour and under the highlighter, coinciding with the cheekbone .
A common mistake is to apply it in the contour area, although that place is not the most indicated, since it is an area that naturally sinks.
A tip: if you are not sure where to apply it exactly, smile 😀 and the area of the cheekbones that stands out will be indicated.
You always have to keep in mind that less is more: use a small amount of blush if you do your makeup with artificial light. There is always time to raise the tone a bit, but reducing it is more complicated 😉
We must apply it last in our makeup, even after lipstick, so we will be able to better perceive the intensity that we will achieve on the face.
If you have red lips, do not use too much blush, as it will look excessive. If you prefer to focus on blush, use lipsticks in shades of pink or nude.
We cannot forget that the shape of our face plays an important role when applying blush makeup. This is the way you should use according to your face type:
- If you have a long face , you should apply the blush horizontally, from cheek to ear, to compensate for the verticality of the face.
- For square faces , we will center the makeup on the apples of the cheeks, to compensate for the sharp angles.
- On the rounded face , the blush will stylize if we apply it as a 'C' or a half moon, from the cheek to the temple.
- We will do something similar in the oval faces , but less accentuating the inclination of the imaginary 'C'.
Another important part when applying blush is the skin tone, since depending on it, the blush color we choose will be different.
What blush do I choose according to my skin type?
We all love blush palettes and their innumerable shades, but more than once you may have bought a blush that later does not flatter your face. Although there is nothing mandatory, we can find many tone recommendations for all skin types.
The ideal tone is the one our cheeks have when we blush, and depending on it, we will choose a similar tone. If we do not have pinkish tones in the cheeks, we must choose an intense pink tone to compensate it. The less pink your cheeks are, the stronger the blush tone can be.
- White skin : in this case, it is best to use blushes in peach or pink tones, which will highlight the cheeks in a very natural way.
- Medium skin : pink and orange tones, with golden undertones.
- Brown skin : opt for brown and orange blushes, always dark tones.
- Freckled skin : you can also use orange and brown tones.
- Reddish skin : in this case, they must be well unified with the previous application of the foundation and powders, so we could apply more reddish tones on the cheeks.
- Skins with a yellow undertone: shades of peach, coral, cherry and strawberry pink, to achieve warmth on the face.
The best low cost blushes
- Matt Touch Blush, from Essence. Ideal for a matte and durable finish, you will also find it in 6 different shades.
- Very Vegan Powder Blusher by w7. With vegan ingredients and 4 different shades.
- Blush by Sleek . They add shine and are highly pigmented, choose from 9 shades.
- Trio Color Blush, by Bell . Ideal for defining and shaping the cheekbones.
- Casino Palette, from w7. 4 shades: illuminator, two blushes and a tanner. Perfect for traveling!
- Murumuru Butter, from Physicians Formula. Smooth and creamy texture, in 4 shades.
- Baked Blush by Milani. Highly pigmented, with a satin touch, 5 different shades.
- Accord Perfect Le Blush, by L'oreal Paris. 4 shades with micronized pigments to achieve a pure and matte color.
See you soon 😀