What is micellar water and what is it used for in cosmetics?
In addition to being a good make-up remover, this product cleanses your face thoroughly, which is why it has become a must. At .com we want to show you the origins, uses and applications of micellar water. If you are interested in this topic, do not hesitate to accompany me throughout the post, in which I will tell you several little secrets:
- What is micellar water?
- Uses and applications of micellar water
- The best brands for your face
Now that you know what you are going to discover, don't miss this post.
What is micellar water?
Micellar water is a product for the face, a multipurpose make-up remover that is capable of removing all traces of make-up, fat and impurities. This product adapts very well to the daily hygiene routine, since it does not harm or harm the skin , and it cleanses the most sensitive epidermis in a very gentle way. Even if you like other products like makeup remover milk or balm, micellar water is a good option if you want to clean your skin thoroughly.
Several decades ago, micellar water was used in French hospitals to clean burns without irritating them. The main difference with natural water is that the latter contains lime and chlorine, and lacks cleaning properties and its composition can vary by period or region.
And what are micelles? Bioderma explains: “A micelle is a complex structure of mild non-ionic surfactants (cleaning agents), which take the form of an invisible microsphere. Furthermore, micelles have two poles: a water-soluble hydrophilic pole and a lipophilic pole that traps fats that are incompatible with water . This double affinity allows it to attract impurities of all kinds and deposit them on the cotton, so that it can eliminate external residues from the environment (makeup, impurities related to air pollution ...), as well as impurities linked to the natural functioning of the skin ( sebum , sweating, removal of dead cells ...) »All are advantages!
A 3-in-1 product : cleanses, tones and hydrates. Its formulation free of dyes, perfumes, parabens, soaps, surfactants and alcohol make micellar water a formula suitable for all skin types, since it is 0% aggressive, and hydrates it and increases its thickness. Thanks to its natural ingredients, it is perfect for caring for the most sensitive and delicate areas of the face.
Now that you know what micellar water is, I'll explain how to use it . We continue!
Uses and applications of micellar water
Without a doubt, micellar water has become a staple in the beauty routine. As you know, we cannot go to bed without removing makeup, as this can wreak havoc on the skin . Laziness must be put aside! The great advantage of this product is its ease of use, since it is not necessary to rub excessively, just wipe with a cotton ball.
In theory, cleaning the skin should be done at least twice a day (morning and night) , but we all know that this is not true most of the time. With micellar water you can:
- Apply to clean skin in the morning to remove dirt before applying your moisturizer and makeup.
- Use it to remove make-up from your face and hydrate and tone your skin at night.
Its success lies in removing make-up, capturing dirt and sebum from the skin in a single gesture . In addition, it does not need rinsing after use, although we must not forget to apply our moisturizer and serum (the latter at night). The results are amazing!
Its use is indicated for the entire face, including the lips and the eye area. In addition, it works even with waterproof makeup . When your eyes feel tired and puffy, micellar water will help decongest them. You will feel more relaxed!
On the other hand, it is an e xcellent ally of dull and tired skin : helps them regain their vitality and radiance. Skin with redness also tends to accept micellar water very well. If your skin is combination with an oily tendency, emphasize the T zone (forehead, chin, nose) to eliminate excess sebum and achieve a perfect makeup, without shine.
In addition to being an excellent cleanser and moisturizer, Nivea gives a few more ideas for using micellar water:
- For after sport . Right after exercising, the pores of the skin are more open and therefore more receptive to any treatment. It is the perfect time to cleanse your complexion. With micellar water you will quickly remove sweat and prevent accumulated fat from attacking your skin.
- For after sunbathing. Micellar water is not a substitute for any sun cream, but at the same time that you cleanse the face, you can refresh and relax it, restoring its vitality as if it were a flash ampoule.
- As an anti-inflammatory. This product also serves to relax inflamed areas, so it will revitalize your skin after waking up with a bad face.
- To touch up makeup. In addition to removing makeup, micellar water can also be your great ally if you make a mistake when applying makeup. Just moisten a cotton pad and gently wipe the area you want to touch up. Then continue with your artwork. Test it!
The time has come to know the best micellar waters for your face . There is a huge variety, but I have chosen some of the most interesting. Go!
The best micellar water brands for your face
We already know that the world of cosmetics is very broad , and that of micellar waters could not be less. Its varied and complete properties have made all brands bet on the manufacture of this product, especially designed for daily use as a make-up remover. This is a compilation of the different micellar waters on the market . You can find many of them at .com.
- All-in-One Micellar Water, from Garnier. This brand has numerous micellar waters, but there is one of them that stands out above all: its All-in-one Micellar Water, since it removes make-up, cleanses and tones in depth, and is suitable for all skin types. In addition, it has several formats for different uses (economic, travel ...) and its packaging is recyclable. To help protect the environment!
- Sensitive Micellar Water, by Ziaja . Specially designed for sensitive skin, this micellar water gently removes all makeup and dirt from the skin, effectively cleansing and softening the epidermis.
- Micellar Cleansing Water, from Natura Siberica. It is suitable for all skin types, and thanks to ingredients such as charcoal you can remove impurities and clean pores. It also contains wild Siberian herbs, which stimulate the renewal of your skin, and organic birch extract, to refresh it.
- Micellar Anti-Stain Solution, by Bella Aurora. It is a clarifying and illuminating cleanser. In addition, it contains depigmenting active ingredients and vitamin E, green tea extract and alpha-bisabolol with antioxidant and soothing properties.
- Rosehip Micellar Water, from Babaria . This product gently cleanses and removes make-up from the skin in a single pass, and does not require rinsing. Its low price makes it a very affordable product for day-to-day use.
- Micellar Water, from Madara . This Micellar Water also contains hyaluronic acid and aloe vera, to protect your skin, hydrate and help prevent premature aging. It is a product suitable for vegans since it has a natural composition, in addition to not being tested on animals.
- Micellar water for sensitive skin, by Loreal Paris. L'Òreal micellar water made up of purified water, extracted with an advanced purification procedure, combined with micelles that capture impurities and glycerin that hydrates and softens the skin, achieving an effective cleansing.
- Micellar water for face and eyes, by Lady Green. Contains floral water of witch hazel, aloe vera and apple, ingredients that give it great purifying properties. Its packaging is ideal!
These are some of the best micellar waters I have come across. You should choose it according to the brand that you like the most, or according to its properties, so that it has the best effect on your skin .
If you liked my post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks 😉
Next week I'll be back with more tricks about beauty and makeup 🙂
See you soon!