Which is the best makeup fixer: is it worth it?
Hello friends of! Today we are going to talk about makeup fixer . If you want your makeup to last for many hours and remain intact, then you will love this product. Let's get to know a little more about him ...
- Makeup fixer, what is it for?
- How to use the setting spray: tips and tutorials
- The best makeup fixers
Makeup fixer, what is it for?
Surely many times you have had to touch up your makeup in a matter of hours. There are many factors that influence the makeup to last more or less , but it is inevitable that it will wear off.
The makeup fixer or 'setting spray' in English, was born to avoid these situations. It is a spray that is used as a 'lacquer' for the face, since it manages to fix it on the skin so that it is flawless regardless of the passage of time.
In addition, it is also designed to refresh the face and provide hydration to the skin , which will prevent makeup from cracking.
If you have a special event or you are going to be away from home for many hours, without a doubt this product will save your makeup 😀
What can fixer do on our face? Prevents the appearance of shine , fights the ravages of sweat, prevents the loss of makeup base and eliminates dryness. A marvel!
How to use the setting spray: tips and tutorials
The way of applying the makeup fixer is very simple, it is used in the same way as lacquer. Being a spray, you only have to use the applicator in several touches, about 20-30 cm from the face , with the arm extended and keeping the mouth and eyes closed. The direction of the application can be in 'X' or in 'T' .
You must remember that it is the last product to use, so you should not apply it until you have completely finished your makeup .
Avoid rubbing once you apply the spray, let it dry for a few minutes, until it is not noticeable.
If you want to innovate, here are some very interesting tricks:
- Apply the spray on a sponge or brush . With this we will achieve that the makeup base (powder or cream) glides more easily on the face and is better applied in problem areas, such as the nostrils or the roots of the hair.
- We can repeat the action in the eye brushes . If you do not have an eyeshadow primer on hand, this can be a good option so that they fix better to the eyelid and do not come off.
- Instead of touching up your makeup, you can go back to using the fixative during the day . But you must be careful if your skin is oily.
The type of skin that we have also greatly influences the fixative that we must use. Most sprays contain alcohol, so it is not highly recommended for sensitive skin. Keep in mind that it is not recommended to use it daily, since in the long term it can dry out the skin.
Luckily, brands have developed different types of setting sprays , designed for each skin. If you have combination skin with an oily tendency, your ideal fixative should contain a formula with polymers that seal the makeup and prevent the appearance of shine.
For dry skin, choose a formula with glycerin, to keep the skin moisturized, preventing it from cracking.
Do you want to know which are the fixatives that you cannot miss? Keep reading 😀
The best makeup fixers
- Instant Matt from Essence. 3.79 euros. Mattifying effect, ideal for oily or combination skin.
- The Fixer by w7 . 2.18 euros. Very economical and with a long-lasting effect.
- Prime and Fine Longlasting by Catrice . 5.19 euros. Multipurpose: You can use it to prepare the skin, prolong the makeup and refresh the complexion. Ideal to carry in your bag!
- Pro Fix Oil Control by Makeup Revolution. 6.45 euros. Controls shine, without leaving spots or drying out the skin.
- Pro Setting by LA Girl . 6.99 euros. Long-lasting and with a translucent effect, it will not be noticed that you are wearing it.
- Makeup Mist by Lily Lolo . 13.70 euros. Without parabens or harsh chemicals, suitable for vegans and celiacs, with aloe vera, panthenol and green tea extract.
- Make it Dewy by Milani. 11.99 euros. 16 hours of duration, you can use it as a primer or fixative thanks to its moisturizing and illuminating properties.
- Fix Make up, by Clarins . 25.88 euros. It mattifies the complexion and keeps makeup intact, as well as hydrating and refreshing.
So far our recommendations on makeup fixers! You can find the full list at .
If you liked the post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks 😀
See you soon!