Hair loss in men: how to prevent and treat it
Hi friends! Today we are going to talk about hair loss in men . Hair loss is very common, but do you know why it happens?
In this post we are going to talk more in depth about the subject, we will also have the help of Juan Molina, hair surgeon at the Mataró Hair Transplant Institute. Do not miss it!
Main reasons for hair loss
The truth is that in approximately 90% of the cases of hair loss in men, genetic and hormonal reasons are responsible. Male hormones are responsible for some men's hair becoming thinner and weaker until it begins to fall permanently.
In these cases it is very important to act from the first moment, since the sooner the hair loss is treated, the longer it will be possible to maintain it. It is true that when there is a hormonal cause, in the end the hair will end up falling permanently, that is, it will not be possible to avoid alopecia, but it can be delayed even several years.
What happens to the other 10% of men who suffer from hair loss? Well, here other very diverse reasons would be included, among which the following stand out:
- Bad nutrition. Eating poorly, either by not eating enough or by eating the wrong foods, can cause the body not to get the nutrients it needs and that has an impact on the hair to weaken and fall out.
- Poor absorption of nutrients. Undiagnosed illnesses such as celiac disease can cause a person to not properly absorb nutrients from food, resulting in vitamin deficiencies even when eating correctly.
- Medications. Certain treatments can weaken the hair and cause it to fall out. Although in principle it would not be a permanent loss, if the treatment is prolonged it could lead to permanent bald spots or a loss of density in the hair.
- Stress. Stress is increasingly behind more cases of alopecia not only male, but also female. The current pace of life, the pressures and demands that we are subjected to in the work environment mainly, but also in the social environment, can lead to hair loss.
In any of these cases, it is important to address both the problem that causes hair loss and that loss. If the problem causing the fall is not treated, it will continue to occur, so it is necessary to change the habits, treatments or situations that are causing the alopecia.
But if at the same time the hair is not helped by strengthening it and reinforcing its roots, what begins as an occasional fall can end up becoming permanent alopecia.
If you are a woman, in this post we talk better
Treatments to stop hair loss
These treatments are effective when the hair root has not yet died and help it to become stronger.
They also act on the hair itself, making it stronger and thicker, which will give the sensation of thicker hair.
There are many different types of treatment that are offered in different formats. If we look at its active principle, these are some of the most used.
Treatments with Aminexil: Aminexil is widely used in anti-hair loss treatments. It contributes to a better anchoring of the hair fiber to the scalp.
- Aminexil Advanced Anti-Hair Loss from Loreal is a good example of products of this type. This treatment is very effective when the hair begins to fall out, being able to stop or delay the loss.
Sulfur treatments: Sulfur stimulates the production of collagen, one of the most important elements in hair formation.
- Veri Sulfur Lotion is very easy to apply and does not leave hair greasy, so it is a good way to add this sulfur. By the time hair starts to fall out and looks dull and dull.
Keratin treatments: Keratin is part of the hair and the treatments that add it give the hair more strength and thickness.
- Keratin Fibers offers a treatment in two phases, adding keratin fibers and with a spray that allows them to fix better on the hair. It is a good option when the hair is weak and excessively fine.
Treatments with plant extracts: They are natural treatments that provide the hair with nutrients and vitamins to be stronger. They are perfect when hair loss occurs due to a specific nutritional deficiency.
- FF 80 is a very concentrated treatment and easy to apply thanks to its individual ampoules. It also contributes to activating the circulation.
Is it possible to recover hair that has already been lost?
It is necessary to differentiate between hair that has fallen out and that takes time to be reborn because the hair follicle is weak and that whose follicle has died and will no longer generate hair.
In very simple terms, if the hair root is weak it is still possible to strengthen it with treatments and get the hair to sprout again. But if the root is no more, there is no way for the hair to sprout again.
Once we no longer have the root of the hair, the only solution remains to resort to centers such as the Hair Transplant Institute and assess the possibility of having a hair graft.
Current grafting techniques are much more effective and offer very natural results. The hair that is born after a hair transplant using the FUE or FUSS techniques results in hair identical to the original of the person and that does not differ from the one that is still preserved. Also, this hair will not fall out again.
Another great incentive in hair transplants is their price, which has dropped considerably in recent years. This, together with the financing that many clinics offer, makes transplantation no longer just something available to people with high economic resources and has made many men dare to leave their baldness problems behind.
Until here today's post! If you liked it, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks 😀
If you have any questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments or write to us!
See you soon!