How to apply makeup if you have oily skin
Hello friends of! How are you? Now that summer and good weather are just around the corner, I bring you an interesting makeup post on How to apply makeup if you have oily skin?
All those people who have oily skin will know of the difficulties in finding a good make-up base as well as the most appropriate way to put on make-up. Therefore, in today's post I am going to focus on the following points:
- Care of oily skin.
- Make up oily skin step by step.
- The best makeup bases for oily skin.
If your complexion is oily and you don't know how to apply makeup or take care of it, read on! I will tell you all the details you need about it.
Let's start !?
Oily skin care
Before we begin to explain how to make up oily skin, we are going to tell you a little about this type of complexion, its characteristics and the care it needs.
Oily skin is mainly characterized by excessive sebum production , usually caused by stress, genetics or hormonal changes. This makes the dermis appear with more pimples , shine and enlarged pores than other skin types.
Today, there are many types of skin from dry to oily skin, passing through normal. Identifying the type of complexion you have is essential to pamper it with cosmetics specifically indicated for it.
How do I know if my skin is oily? If you want to find out if your skin is oily or not, you can do it quickly as it tends to look shiny on a daily basis. Likewise, when you touch it, you will feel how its touch is oily and a little greasy , in addition to having dilated pores.
Now that you know what this type of skin is like, you may be wondering about the best way to care for and pamper it. Well, I suggest a series of guidelines to follow so that the skin looks radiant and mattified.
Recommended steps to take care of oily skin
- Clean and remove make-up from the face in the morning and at night: Excessive cleaning causes the complexion to become dehydrated, however insufficient cleaning causes the pores to become clogged. Therefore, I recommend you wash your face only twice a day.
- Exfoliate the skin once a week: In this way, it removes and deeply cleanses the pores, avoiding the appearance of unwanted blackheads.
- Do not touch pimples and pimples: This step is very important. Not only does not touching the pimples prevent infection or injury, but it also prevents the pimples from spreading on the face.
- Moisturize facial skin daily: Oily skin needs to be hydrated every day. It is also important to apply sunscreen to avoid the negative effects of the sun's rays.
So far the 4 basic rules to care for oily-prone skin! But like everything in life, there are also some aspects to avoid so that the skin looks healthy and without damage.
Steps to avoid to take care of oily skin
- Do not rub the face: Rubbing the complexion overexcites the sebaceous glands, producing more oil. So I advise you not to rub your face every time you wash it or apply creams on it.
- Avoid astringent cosmetics : Using cosmetics with alcohol on oily skin is not beneficial, since it favors the production of more oil in addition to dryness.
- Avoid dense textures : Dense creams increase the secretion of sebum on the skin, while promoting the appearance of shine.
And here are the tricks to pamper oily-prone skin. If you follow these tips, your complexion will look radiant, matte and flawless. What are you waiting for to carry them out?
Make up oily skin step by step
Now that it is clear to you what oily-prone skin looks like and its most advisable beauty routine, I am going to tell you step by step how to apply makeup.
Make up this type of skin is not an easy task. In oily skin, makeup usually lasts less time intact because it secretes more oil than usual, in addition to presenting more shine.
To avoid this, you must prepare the skin thoroughly using the appropriate products. These are the steps that I advise you to follow:
- Primer: Although it is not mandatory to use primer when applying makeup, it is best to do it. Especially those primers whose function is to mattify and hide pores. With it, you make the foundation last longer undamaged on the skin.
- Make-up base: I advise you to use make-up bases whose finish is matte, as well as oil-free. When applying it on the skin, use a suitable sponge or brush for it, in this way you do not manipulate the skin with your fingers.
- Mattifying powders: After applying the makeup base, do not forget to mattify it with powders. The objective of this step is to avoid the appearance of shine and grease, as well as to set the foundation for a longer time.
- Illuminator: Time to illuminate the complexion! In oily skin you have to be careful ... You should avoid lighting the areas most prone to generating fat such as forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. I also recommend using powdered highlighters, rather than creamy highlighters.
These are the steps that I recommend you follow to show off a perfect look, but be careful because there are also some makeup products to avoid. To avoid clogging the pores of the skin, I suggest you avoid makeup that is very covering and creamy. Instead, use compact or stick makeup.
Although I have already explained the steps for a good makeup, it is always better to see it and practice it first hand. Therefore, I show you some tutorial videos on makeup for oily skin. Run and check them out!
- Makeup for oily skin: The youtuber SecretosdechicasVIP gives us some easy tricks to care for and make up oily skin. Don't miss it, we love it!
- Tips for oily skin: aiShaWari suggests some easy-to-apply beauty tips on oily skin. Don't wait any longer and go see it!
You already know the steps to take to show off a unified face with covered imperfections. In the next point, I tell you the best makeup bases for oily skin.
The best foundation for oily skin
Now is the time to decide on a makeup base! You go to the cosmetics store and you have many doubts about which makeup base is best suited to oily skin. Who has not happened??
So that this does not happen again, I recommend some low cost makeup bases that are ideal for oily-prone skin. When choosing one, you have to select those that are non-comedogenic and oil-free. Likewise, it is advisable to choose those that provide a matte finish to control the appearance of shine and grease.
- Gosh Foundation Drops Foundation: A base with a light texture and medium coverage that, in addition to covering imperfections and unifying the skin tone, moisturizes thanks to the fact that it is enriched with Vitamin E and Argan Oil.
- Essence Camouflage 2-in-1 Foundation: Concealer and foundation united in the same product, this is how this Essence foundation is. A foundation with a light texture and great coverage that provides a matte finish to the complexion. You can show off your foundation all day, as it is long-lasting.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation: A foundation whose main function is to absorb the shine of the skin and reduce the pores present in it. Likewise, it stands out for its light texture and the silky matte finish it provides to the complexion.
- Garnier Daily Moisturizing BB Cream: A bb cream that evens skin tone while hydrating it. In addition, it has a formula enriched with ultra-absorbent pearls that control the appearance of shine and excess sebum.
So far my post on makeup for oily skin. I hope it has helped you to have new ideas on how to care for and make up this type of complexion. ?
If you liked it, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks.
Ah! And if you have any questions about beauty, product, advice, do not hesitate to write us!
And if you want us to talk about a specific topic, leave it in the comments.
I'll be back next week with more content for you.
See you soon!?