Hair masks: everything you need to know
Hello friends of! I'll be back for another week with a topic that surely interests you: hair masks . Without a doubt, hydrating our hair is one of the most important parts of our washing routine.
Also, if you are one of those people who loves impossible hairstyles or colorful dyes, you should bear in mind that a good mask will save you from ending up with frizzy and dry hair like a fir tree.
These are the points that we are going to see in this post:
- Hair mask: a must in your bathroom
- Tips for applying the mask on the hair
- The best hair masks
Hair mask: a must in the bathroom
Without a doubt, it has become a must-have for hair. Its properties act on the cortex, the innermost part of the hair, feeding it from the inside to make it look beautiful on the outside.
Although conditioner and shampoo are also great allies, the mask undoubtedly surpasses them. It is the best product to show off healthy and strong hair . Among its multitude of benefits are silkiness, shine, volume, perfect straightening, preventing hair loss or ending frizz . What more could you want?
In addition, it protects hair from damage caused by dyeing it or subjecting it to the effects of the sun, and reinforces capillary irrigation.
As in most cosmetic products, there are numerous types of masks, adapted to each type of hair and its needs . It is essential that you identify your type of hair and that from there you choose the one that best suits you.
If you have straight and fine hair, it is best to get a mask that balances all parts of the hair so that your roots are not too oily. If, on the other hand, your hair is curly, you will need a mask rich in oils to achieve greater hydration.
There is certainly a world of options to discover. Keep reading!
Tips for applying the mask on the hair
We all know how to apply a hair mask, but it never hurts to remember it. After washing the hair with your usual shampoo, and applying the conditioner, it is the turn of the mask. Apply it to damp hair, from medium to ends . It is not advisable to apply it from the root, since it will be more greasy. If your hair is short, apply only to the ends .
You can help with a comb so that the mask penetrates better into the strands. Afterwards, let it act for 5 to 15 minutes . Remember that you should never leave the mask for a long period of time (such as overnight), since you will only get the opposite effect: caked and oily hair!
If you want to complete the hydration, you can also use a towel soaked in hot water, the hairdryer or a shower cap , so that the mask works better and you get more visible results.
To finish, remove all the remains of the product by washing the hair with plenty of water (it is recommended that it be warm) , and finally use cold water for approximately 30 seconds. This will allow to close the cuticle, stimulate the capillaries and promote the blood microcirculation of the scalp.
How often should we apply it? It is advisable to use it once a week at least, depending on the state in which our hair is.
However, there are experts who think that a conditioner is better for daily use, and reserve the mask to hydrate thoroughly. Mía magazine points out different routines for each type of hair:
- Normal hair : 2 times a month.
- Oily or mixed hair : once a month from the middle to the ends, without touching the roots.
- Chemical Damaged Hair : Once a week until hair quality improves.
- Dye or highlights: it is essential to hydrate the hair after each chemical process, to prevent it from deteriorating.
Now that you know more tips and tricks on how to apply the hair mask, it's time to take action: these are our recommendations.
The best hair masks
As we mentioned before, there are numerous options when choosing a hair mask. Brands have created different types so you can get one that suits your hair type. These are some of the hair masks that you cannot miss:
- Intense Hydrating Mask from the prestigious Moroccanoil brand, perfect for thick and dry hair. This product covers the repair, nutrition and hydration needs that your hair needs. Thanks to the argan oil it contains, hair will look healthy and shiny with a soft and manageable touch.
- Ziaja Cocoa Butter Mask . The potential of this mask lies in its star component, cocoa butter, known in female beauty for treating hair dryness . This mask perfectly smooths damaged structure, deeply regenerates and prevents brittleness and brittle ends . It is perfect for straightening hair. A tip: if you have damaged ends, apply a little mask and leave it without rinsing. You will see how effective!
- Kativa's 'Quinoa Pro' Deep Treatment , which is especially indicated for colored hair, as it is based on an innovative formula that mixes hydriolyzed quinoa with natural agents. And what does all that mean? Well, it will seal the hair cuticle, forming a protective layer and forgetting that the color escapes so easily. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes on damp hair before rinsing it out.
- Orofluido mask, by Orofluido. Plus of hydration and well-being for those hair that need a break. It has been enriched with 3 essential oils that have countless benefits: Argan oil: Strengthens the hair and makes it soft thanks to its vitamins and fatty oils. Cípero oil: Protects against free radicals and adds volume. Flax oil: Seals and calms the cuticle, acting from the depths of the hair fiber.
- Fructis Hidra Rizos, by Garnier. Showing off perfect, moving curls is sometimes tricky. Therefore, this mask manages to define them and give them movement for 4 days, thanks to its formula with fortifying active ingredients of fruits, bamboo extract and fillioxane.
- Hair Food Banana by Garnier. Without a doubt, what makes you fall in love with this mask is its irresistible aroma. It can be used as a mask or conditioner, achieving perfect hair in a short time. Contains 98% natural ingredients, has no parabens, silicones or artificial colors. This one in particular is ideal for dry hair, as it intensely nourishes.
- Strength and shine hair mask, by Oma Gertrude. This mask helps to improve the restoration and nutrition of your hair thanks to its organic components (sage and iris), strengthening it and improving its elasticity.
- Onion hair mask, from Babaria. An onion mask? Yes, as is. Onion extract is purifying, antioxidant, protects color and stimulates hair growth. It also contains sunscreen to provide extra protection to color, especially to dyed hair. And conditioning agents to provide softness, and easily detangle hair. But it doesn't smell like onion!
I hope you liked some of these options and that you are encouraged to use yours. Anyway, in you will find a long selection of hair masks.
Here is a video of our friend Lara Ferrer with tips for oily hair and dry ends 🙂
If you have any questions about beauty, product, advice, do not hesitate to write to us!
And if you want us to talk about a specific topic, write your question in the comments.
I'll be back next week with more content 🙂
See you soon!