Hand and foot care: everything you need to know
Hi friends! Today we have to talk about the care of hands and feet . They are two very important parts of the body, which sometimes we don't take enough care of. That is why today in this post we are going to learn all the tricks to have our hands and feet always perfect.
- Essential hand care: all the keys
- Foot care
- Cosmetics for hands and feet: the best products
Essential hand care: all the keys
It is very easy to know if your hands need urgent care: if they are dry and rough to the touch .
The skin of the hands is very sensitive, almost as sensitive as that of the face, and yet it resists many more things, since it is our main tool.
Our hands resent external agents such as the sun, cold, heat and water, as they attack their natural protective barrier.
On the palms of the hands, the skin is more robust, but it absorbs hydration with difficulty , since it lacks sebaceous glands and hair.
On the other hand, the skin on the back of the hands is very thin, and contains very little adipose tissue, which makes it sensitive and causes faster aging.
That is why it is very important to keep them well hydrated, so that they look good and the skin does not crack. A good moisturizing hand cream cannot be missing from our toiletry bag, as it will make a difference.
When choosing it, you must take into account factors such as your skin type, to avoid possible adverse reactions. At the end of the post you will find our best selection of hand creams.
In addition, with small gestures we can take maximum care of our hands and prevent them from cracking excessively. Follow these tricks:
- Protect your hands with gloves. In winter, and especially in colder places, it is best to keep your hands covered with gloves, especially if you have dry skin. Also when you use chemicals and detergents.
- Wash them with lukewarm water. Hot water is very drying to the skin and causes dehydration, so warm water to cold along with a neutral pH soap will be ideal for the hands.
- Exfoliate. At least once a week, apply an exfoliator (it can be facial or body) to remove dead cells and activate circulation.
- Creams with a sun protection factor. Apply your usual protector also on your hands, to avoid stains on the skin.
- Wear hand masks. They are ideal for extra nutrition. You can also apply cream at night and cover your hands with gloves.
Like our hands, our feet are essential in our day to day, and we must take care of them as they deserve.
First of all, it is important to wear appropriate footwear at any time of the year. A comfortable shoe will be the best for the health of our feet, although this is sometimes not at odds with aesthetics.
Foot care should be accentuated in summer, since the heat and the type of footwear we use (flip-flops, sandals) make our feet much more exposed .
It is highly recommended to use specific creams or foot masks , which deeply nourish and reduce all the effects that the sun and heat may have on our feet.
If you want to have soft feet, take these tips:
- Relaxing bath. Nothing better for your feet than a little relaxation. You will be able to reduce the swelling of the feet and you will reactivate the circulation of blood flow. Add a handful of coarse salt to the bowl and let them rest there for 20 or 30 minutes.
- Massage the feet. First, do it on the footpad and slide until you reach the heel. Then focus on the fingers, and pull them firmly but without great abruptness.
- Another option to massage the feet is to use a tennis ball or similar . Place it under the sole, and start rolling it all over the foot.
There are also very simple but effective exercises for foot pain :
- Rise up on your toes on your toes, raising your heels. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Lying on the bed, raise your legs so they're straight and pull your toes toward you, then down.
- Rotate your feet, turning them both ways.
We cannot forget about a very common foot problem: fungus. To avoid them, you have to properly dry your feet after washing them: remember to thoroughly dry the area between each toe, a place with a tendency to become infected.
In the event that your feet perspire a lot, you can use talcum powder to prevent fungus from forming.
Cosmetics for hands and feet: the best products
Good hydration on both feet and hands will make a difference. More and more brands are betting on specific creams and masks for these areas of the body.
Here you will find a selection of the best products for hands and feet:
- M7 by Bella Aurora. This anti-blemish hand cream depigments, lightens and prevents blemishes, as well as unifies the tone. And it has protection factor SPF15.
- Neutrogena concentrated hand cream . It recovers its softness and provides a protective barrier to avoid possible external aggressions.
- Nourishing hand cream, by Oma Gertrude. Based on organic grape oil and natural lemon extract, it will combat dryness in your hands, achieving a smooth texture.
- Rosehip cream, from Babaria. Avoid the loss of water from your hands, so your skin will always be hydrated.
- Multipurpose repair balm, from Garnier Bio. Ideal for dry, rough or damaged areas that need intense repair.
- Repairing treatment for hands, by Bling Pop. Mask with shea butter to hydrate and repair hands. Plus, your gloves are touchscreen compatible.
- Moisturizing foot cream, by Ziaja. Indicated for dry and normal skin, this cream moisturizes and prevents hardening.
- Avena repair cream, from the Spanish Institute. It is very effective for dry areas of the skin such as elbows, knees and heels.
- Cream for dry and cracked feet, from Babaria. Hydrates and repairs thanks to the active principles of aloe vera and sweet almond oil.
- Orange cream, by Naobay. With ingredients of natural origin, it contains essential oil of the tea tree, enriched with Shea butter and extracts of Aloe Vera and Orange.
- Talcum deodorant for feet, from Instituto Español. Protects skin from moisture and bacteria, and suppresses odor, without drying out the skin.
- Cinderella foot mask, Mad Beauty. Reduces dehydration and cracking of the heels.
- Repairing treatment for feet, by Bling Pop. Hydrates and eliminates dryness thanks to shea butter. It adapts to all types of sizes thanks to its adjustment at the ankle, preventing them from moving.
So far our selection 😀 Remember that in you can find many more products to care for the skin.
If you liked the post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks. And if you have any questions or suggestions, you can leave them in the comments or write to us!
See you soon!