Moisturizing cream: all types and brands
Hi friends! I'll be back for another week, this time with a topic that surely interests you: moisturizer . The essential of any beauty routine deserves to have its own post 😉 We are going to delve into this popular product that you surely have in your beauty bag.
- Moisturizing cream: properties and uses
- Types of moisturizers: choose the best one for your skin
- The best moisturizers
Now that you have seen the points that we are going to cover, keep reading.
You will not regret!
Moisturizing cream: properties and uses
What is a moisturizer for? As you know, its main objective is to restore the moisture balance in the skin . When we spread it on the skin, the hydrating molecules begin to filter into the dermis ( the deepest layer of the skin ), ensuring that the tissues are nourished by water rich in essential elements.
This occurs because moisturizers create a film that prevents perspiration and therefore water loss .
With this we get numerous benefits:
- They allow cells to develop in a better environment and suffer less.
- They provide a rich fluid and provide part of the hydration that we lose with age.
- Improve overall skin health
Although moisturizers are the best known, we also find moisturizers . What is the difference between them? The latter helps to replenish the natural oils of the skin, while the moisturizer takes care of the water.
Including both in your daily beauty routine is ideal, as they provide numerous benefits. Although you must bear in mind that dry skin is not the same as dehydrated skin : the latter has a dry and cracked appearance (you can check: if when you pinch yourself you notice that it takes a few seconds for the skin to return to its natural state), while dry skin shows redness, a feeling of tightness, itching, peeling ...
The properties of moisturizers are numerous, although they can be summed up in one sentence: improve the health of the skin and its internal cellular structure . When we reach adulthood, we lose up to 10% of water compared to the amount we have in childhood.
That is why it is very important to hydrate well, starting by drinking plenty of water (experts recommend 1.5 to 2 liters a day), and adding a good moisturizer to our facial care routine.
And how do we apply these creams? These are the steps you must follow:
- Clean the skin well . In the case of the face, it is very important that it is very clean. Dirt accumulates in the pores and creates a layer that hinders the effectiveness of the moisturizer.
- You must apply it last : first the cleanser, toner, serum, eye contour and finish with the moisturizer.
- There is no exact amount to apply, as it will depend on the type of skin and its needs. Still, the reference size can be compared to that of a pea . Keep in mind that the skin must absorb the cream, not create a white layer.
- When applying it, we will do it gently, giving small massages to stimulate circulation . If the skin is somewhat damp, your skin will feel hydrated for a longer time.
- For best results, it is advisable to exfoliate the skin once a week , as this way the pores will better absorb the product.
As you know, there is a wide variety of moisturizing creams, designed for each type of skin and for each area of the body. Let's take a closer look at them:
Types of moisturizers: choose the best one for your skin
Once you know how to use it, it is time to know what types there are and what they are for. As we have seen before, in addition to moisturizing creams we have moisturizers or occlusives, which work very well on dry skin, thanks to the barrier created by the fatty active ingredients and thus keep water where it is needed. They are also more recommended for people under 25 years of age, since from that age the skin begins to lose its self-regenerating capacity and it is necessary to hydrate it more.
But the main difference is the place where they are used, since there is a specific one for each part of the body :
Expensive. Its main function is to improve the appearance of the skin by providing essential elements. Although they could be used in other areas, their small size makes them recommended only for the face, since they also tend to have a higher price. Within the facial creams we find several types, intended for a specific area:
- Eye contour: they are designed to clean the look and correct expression lines. They usually have soothing and even anti-inflammatory substances.
- Lips. This type of cream is designed as a base to add lipstick. Thus, we can have our lips well hydrated and with our favorite color, achieving perfectly hydrated lips without wrinkles.
- Forehead wrinkles. Their use can be generalized for the entire face, but they are specially designed to combat the signs of aging that appear over time.
- Solar protection. We also find moisturizers with a sun protection factor included, which are highly recommended if we are going to spend hours in the sun.
Body. As with the face, hydration of the skin is important in all areas. That is why we must also use a body moisturizer. In this way we will achieve a shiny and smooth skin thanks to the barrier function of this type of products, which help to maintain the moisture of the skin.
When should we use it? The best time is after the shower, since our skin is clean and moisturized. Distribute the equivalent of a walnut for each part of the body (arms, legs, abdomen ...), with a circular massage from top to bottom.
According to the type of skin . Once we have seen the different versions of moisturizers, we have to find out which one is the most suitable for our skin. To do this, the first thing is to know what type of skin we have:
- Normal skin It has a pinkish appearance, is uniform in color and has no traces of fat. In addition, he recovers quickly by making movements.
- Oily skin. It is yellowish in color, regularly accompanied by black spots and a lot of shine.
- Dry Skin. It is easily cracked and irritated, and is whitish in color.
- Mixed skin. It can be a combination of the above, since each part of the face has a different characteristic.
Each cream has a function according to the needs of the skin. That is why we find moisturizing creams of all kinds: exfoliating, anti-stretch marks, anti-cellulite, firming, for blemishes ...
There are certainly endless possibilities when it comes to moisturizers. Different price, brand, for different skin types ... Now is the time to get to know them better!
The best moisturizers
It is essential to have a good beauty routine, and without a doubt the moisturizer is vital in it. In this section you will know the best moisturizers with a good value for money.
- Fluid cream for combination skin, from Mádara. This facial moisturizer is antioxidant due to its high percentage of raspberry extract and hyaluronic acid. In addition, its texture is very creamy, to hydrate the skin without making it greasy.
- Moisturizing body cream, by Oma Gertrude. Thanks to its organic honey and cedar extract, you will be able to normalize the metabolism of your skin cells, hydrating it to the maximum to improve its elasticity and image.
- Splendor eye contour, by Bella Aurora . With a watery texture, it hydrates and regenerates reducing expression lines and wrinkles, bags and dark circles because it tightens the skin and recovers its firmness. It is recommended to use daily, dabbing in the morning and at night on the eyes and the corners of the lips.
- Aloe Vera body cream, from the Spanish Institute . Nourishes and regenerates the skin and helps eliminate small stretch marks thanks to the well-known properties of this plant.
- Firmness and Rejuvenation Body Night Cream, by Natura Siberica. Formulated with extracts of Chamomile, Calendula, Siberian Wild Plants, Amaranth and Ginseng, which help to rejuvenate the skin and strengthen it against external aggressions. It is designed to apply at night, before sleeping.
- Moisturizing cream, by Nivea . Who has not ever had one of these creams? Its mythical hydration continues to be a reference in the world of cosmetics, providing great toning and softness, and it is also suitable for all skin types.
- All about lips by Clinique . Designed for all skin types, this lotion will achieve perfect hydration for your lips. Dermatologically tested and fragrance free.
- Double Strength beauty cream, by Bella Aurora . Another mythical cream, known for its anti-blemish power and for keeping the skin even and smooth. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Revitalift Laser x3 renewing anti-aging cream, from L'oreal Paris. This cream for daily use, designed for all skin types, corrects, prevents and eliminates spots and wrinkles on the skin. In addition, it includes factor 20 protection to protect from UVA / UVB rays.
- All-purpose moisturizer by Egyptian Magic . This cream has regenerating, moisturizing and repairing properties with a multitude of uses and benefits, as it can be used on the face, around the eyes, hands and feet, lips, for scars or stretch marks, on the hair ... Endless possibilities! In addition, it is 100% natural, based on an ancient formula of Egyptian origin.
- Regenerist anti-aging cream, by Olay . A moisturizing cream with very good value for money. Formulated with a complex of aminopeptides, it provides a visibly younger appearance by taking care of the areas most likely to show the effects of time: eye contour, facial oval and neck.
So far my selection of the best moisturizers. As you can see, there are all types and brands, but without a doubt you should choose the one that best suits the characteristics of your skin. In .com you will find a wide variety of facial and body moisturizers, for the eye contour, with sun protection ...
I say goodbye for today, but I will return next week with more content for you 😉
If you liked the post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks!
See you soon 🙂